Go Down

Topic: Karma (Read 21 times) previous topic - next topic

retrolefty

Hey lefty, you appear to be doing pretty well with all this, only -4, make that -5 :D hehehe

Yes, I come to this thread when I feel the need to try and keep up on -karma points, don't want to be left behind by the all the other bad boys.

Lefty

mowcius

Oh I have passed my Karma Century! :)

Now can this thing go away? :D

Voting is closed - By 13 votes, we have voted to get rid of it.

Grumpy_Mike

Well I am at equal Kama now so I suspect I am about to go negative any time.
I don't think it is close.  91 votes for it to stay the same and 252 votes to change it so we should get some sort of change.

mowcius

Well I am at equal Kama now so I suspect I am about to go negative any time.
I don't think it is close.  91 votes for it to stay the same and 252 votes to change it so we should get some sort of change.

I thought I'd be nice and +k you :)

Well if we get rid of negative karma I'd also be happy :P - That is what I voted anyway.

u0421793

Karma? Come here, Leon.

I wasn't too bothered by the pointlessness of having both positive and negative quantities. But now I've accumulated some negative ones, I can clearly see that under no circumstances should the negative scale exist. Better to have a wholly ambiguous positive single-ended scale where nobody is quite sure if you're absolutely superb, not very good, just too busy to spend a lot of time here, or are new.

mowcius

But now I've accumulated some negative ones, I can clearly see that under no circumstances should the negative scale exist.

Haha, but do you know why you got those negative ones?

At the moment I just see it this way: we've voted to get rid of it so get rid of it...
We can discuss the technicalities of it afterwards

u0421793

There's no 'why', they just arbitrarily appeared for no reason.

Grumpy_Mike

they just arbitrarily appeared for no reason.

That's what we all think.

mowcius

So... hasn't it gone already?

Well, I leave you all for some sleep before the dawn of the new day, perhaps the karma will have gone by the morning...

fkeel

now. where did I get my negative karma form.
I'd like to know, because I dont like pissing off other people.
maybe someone tested if it really works? maybe I was really annoying on some thread? no idea.

and if this system drives people like mr.crowly away from this forum (what about PaulS ? is he still around) then karma is definitivly a bad thing because

a) It does not give you any pointers on what you did/why you have negative karma - so no way to improve your "behaviour"
b) Apperently it makes people who really know what they are talking about, and are a great source of information leave these forums...

:-(
http://embodimentlabs.tumblr.com/
http://paulstrohmeier.info/

AlphaZeta

Every since the new forum came up, I have found myself posting significantly less  :smiley-sad-blue: Not sure if it is the new format or what, but the whole Karma thing is certainly one of the reasons... I'll be happy to see the negative Karma gone as well...

rovduino

dont see karma as helpful personally.

Valalvax

Now I feel left out, with my mostly positive karma :(

David Cuartielles

Feb 15, 2011, 10:52 am Last Edit: Feb 15, 2011, 10:54 am by David Cuartielles Reason: 1
Well,

even if 343 votes is not 0.1% of the forum user-base :-) I think it is pretty clear we should get rid of Karma as it is and we should move on to some sort of post-rating system instead. We are going to evaluate two different mods to do post ratings and push one of them to the production server in the following days. Let's see how you guys like them.

Thanks for this, it was a healthy "democrazy" exercise.

/d

PS. this topic is now closed

Go Up