Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 35   Go Down
Author Topic: Your latest purchase (January 27, 2011 to August 19, 2011)  (Read 47043 times)
Arlington, MA, USA
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

1  KWIKSTIK-K40     Motorola Semiconductor KWIKSTICK EVALUATION B.
1  ATMEGA168P-20PU  Atmel MCU 8BIT ATMEGA RISC 16KB FLASH
2  ATMEGA8A-PN     Atmel AVR, 8KB FLASH, 512B EE, 1KB SRAM
1  ATAVRXPLAIN     Atmel MEGA EVAL KIT FOR ATXMEGA1
3  ATMEGA1284P-PU  Atmel 128KB FLASH 2.5V/3.3V/5V 40PDIP
1  DM330013        Microchip MICROSTICK FOR DSPIC33F AND PIC24H
25  RECTFR BRIDGE SGL 400V 1A 4PIN DF-M

Is this from one invoice? I'm curious, where did you buy from?

SF Bay Area (USA)
Tesla Member
Strongly opinionated, but not official!
View Profile

That was from AVNet.  The freescale (KWIKSTIK) was a giveaway from attending sessions at a recent ARM Developers Conference, and I decided to order some other things I've been lusting after as well.

Y'all don't know how lucky you are.  It used to be that "real" distributors wouldn't give a $100 order the time of day, but I've now dealt with quite a few of them (Avnet, Mouser, Digikey, Newark) with no problems to speak of...

Silly-con Valley, Ca, U.S.
Lernin' to tinker
View Profile

Various parts for my next project.

SCHED
Item                                            Unit      Line    SHIP
Number   Item Description                  Qty  Price     Price   DATE
283039   CONTINUOUS ROTATION SERVO         2    14.9500   29.90   05/05/11
2124980  SERVO,DELUXE HD BALL BEARING      2    16.9500   33.90   05/05/11
1070238  DETECTOR.SIDELOOKER I/R SENSOR    10   0.2500    2.50    05/10/11
1914322  4.45 mm, 1 ELEMENT, INFRARED      5    1.0500    5.25    05/10/11
372737   LED,INFRD,880NM,T-1 3/4,V/A 22    10   0.2900    2.90    05/05/11

10 PRINT CHR$(7)
20 GOTO 10

Portugal
God Member
View Profile

So,
6DOF Digital IMU from Sparkfun
PicKit 3
2 BMA180
2 HMC5883
2 BMP 085

And some others little toys

Central MN, USA
Tesla Member
Phi_prompt, phi_interfaces, phi-2 shields, phi-panels
View Profile

APF Mark 1 desktop calculator from garage sale $3 USD
Looks exactly like this:

http://www.devidts.com/be-calc/ED/desk_16390.html

Cleans up nicely and all functions work.

Anyone know how old this could be? I found some hints online it's from the 1970's I remember my dad bought a handheld calculator with nixie tubes in the 1970's

Global Moderator
Boston area, metrowest
Brattain Member
Author of "Arduino for Teens". Available for Design & Build services. Now with Unlimited Eagle board sizes!
View Profile

Sign for my fencing club where all the scoring machines I built now reside.
3' x 10', raised white letters on aluminum frame

Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.
Arduino for Teens available at Amazon.com.

Global Moderator
Brattain Member
Lua rocks!
View Profile

Nice sign!

This is fairly recent:

The Kemani CPLD "key" which is basically a EPM3064ALC44-10N with a crystal and a couple of other parts. You can program it to ... do stuff. I haven't used it a heap, but I tend to get distracted.

My most recent purchase however is this:

That's to remind me of where Spam really started. And it also reminds me of the time in the distant past when I ate some.

North Yorkshire, UK
Faraday Member
View Profile

APF Mark 1 desktop calculator from garage sale $3 USD
Looks exactly like this:

http://www.devidts.com/be-calc/ED/desk_16390.html

Cleans up nicely and all functions work.

Anyone know how old this could be? I found some hints online it's from the 1970's I remember my dad bought a handheld calculator with nixie tubes in the 1970's
Nice! Those nixies are probably worth $3 each smiley-grin

Central MN, USA
Tesla Member
View Profile

Very nice sign, crossroads, did you design it yourself?

Nick, I used to like similar kind of canned luncheon meat as a kid. But that was when we were on strictly supplied system where you get a coupon for everything like eggs, meat, soap, rice, etc. There were no free market to say buy these stuff as they were so scarce.

Mowcius, I think I will just keep the calculator in one piece. The tubes are very small, about a centimeter tall. I was amazed by tube technology that was a large part of the 20th century. One way conduction is so simple to teach when using tube rectifier example.

Global Moderator
Boston area, metrowest
Brattain Member
Author of "Arduino for Teens". Available for Design & Build services. Now with Unlimited Eagle board sizes!
View Profile

The Logo & Font & Name is my design (Cross Roads Fencing Center, LLC), many iterations and variations over the summer of 2007 , started with the name, letters CRFC looking like strips of road laid over each other in various ways, evolving into the cleaner cloverleaf idea, for the several big interchanges  in the area. One of coaches I trained with pointed out its also a good representation of the 4 quadrants of fencing targets (high inside, high outside, low inside, low outside) with the small circles representing small circular parries, which I hadn't even thought about as I was coming up with it. Guess those years of training really sunk in!
The actual sign was made by a professional service. 1/2" thick white plastic, screwed on from behind, blue aluminum back plate & red aluminum raised frame, materlal driven by our lease requirements for signs.  We have the logo on our fencing shirts and warm up suits, and a smaller patch of the logo on our fencing jacket sleeves.

Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.

Left Coast, CA (USA)
Brattain Member
Measurement changes behavior
View Profile

Proto shield board from asian dealer: http://iteadstudio.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=17&products_id=197  $6.20 + $3 airmail shipping

Compared to SparkFun's offering: http://www.sparkfun.com/products/7914  $16.95 + ? shipping

Quite the price difference, no?

Lefty

« Last Edit: May 08, 2011, 12:36:54 pm by retrolefty » Logged

Global Moderator
Boston area, metrowest
Brattain Member
View Profile

Unless you're in a  hurry I suppose

"Shipping Time

Air mail takes 10 to 25 days to reach majority of the world, but shipping time is greatly affected by factors beyond our control, like weather, post office delay, custom and etc. We couldn’t guarantee a timely delivery but will perform the best on our side. "

Left Coast, CA (USA)
Brattain Member
Measurement changes behavior
View Profile

Unless you're in a  hurry I suppose

"Shipping Time

Air mail takes 10 to 25 days to reach majority of the world, but shipping time is greatly affected by factors beyond our control, like weather, post office delay, custom and etc. We couldn’t guarantee a timely delivery but will perform the best on our side. "

Most all my orders from Asia take 10-11 days here on the west coast. Being retired now for 4 years I'm pretty patient about such things.  smiley-grin

Lefty

Central MN, USA
Tesla Member
View Profile

Proto shield board from asian dealer: http://iteadstudio.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=17&products_id=197  $6.20 + $3 airmail shipping

Compared to SparkFun's offering: http://www.sparkfun.com/products/7914  $16.95 + ? shipping

Quite the price difference, no?

Lefty

I would encourage new people to buy from sparkfun and adafruit so the designer gets her share of profit. This is the part of open source hardware I don't like: the original designer is ripped off and had to support questions from buyers of copycat hardware.

As for myself, I've never bought a single shield smiley Been doing PCB all along. You not only save money, you could find some opportunity to bring a good design to the market and make some cash too.  smiley-wink

Global Moderator
Boston area, metrowest
Brattain Member
View Profile

Same here re: shields. I just build up standalone projects with a promini plugged in as the heart of it, or a standalone uC wired in like it was a stipped down promini.

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 35   Go Up
Jump to: