Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35   Go Down
Author Topic: Your latest purchase (January 27, 2011 to August 19, 2011)  (Read 37794 times)
SF Bay Area (USA)
Tesla Member
Strongly opinionated, but not official!
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

other sites like Goldmine (preferably in the US)?  Gov't lab surplus
I've dealt favorably with BG Micro and Halted Electronics
and found/heard of/etc:
http://www.hosfelt.com/
http://www.surplusshed.com/

Left Coast, CA (USA)
Brattain Member
Measurement changes behavior
View Profile

@retrolefty - what kind of turnaround time are you seeing with orders from itead studio?  I love their stuff, but it seems to take 3-4 weeks to get to me.

I've only ordered from them once before about a year ago and don't recall any abnormal shipping delay. I've bought lots of stuff from Asia via E-bay sellers over the last couple of years or more, and I get a consistent 10-12 day delivery time, which is just fine for this old retired fart.  smiley-wink

Lefty

Dallas, Texas
God Member
View Profile

Woohoo!!! in the last two days I've received enough plunder to keep me indoors for the rest of the summer which, considering the weather we've been having in Texas, isn't a bad thing at all.

I just received an Xbee wifi module, an AAG RS485 weather station, and a type K thermocouple probe to use with the Max 31855s I got sampled last week.

The AAG weather station is their upgrade to the original Dallas Semiconductor 1-wire station from the 90s and for $79 you get quite a box-full of stuff. I'm spending the summer at my property near the Gulf coast where strangely enough it is considerably cooler than my home in Dallas. It doesn't have a weather station though so I'm about to fix that. A little solar power and the Xbee module and I should have it broadcasting local conditions via the Internet pretty soon.

I plan to further puzzle my neighbors with a wireless meat probe for the old Weber.

Left Coast, CA (USA)
Brattain Member
View Profile

I plan to further puzzle my neighbors with a wireless meat probe for the old Weber.

Texans cook their meat? That may indeed confuse them.

Lefty

Dallas, Texas
God Member
View Profile

Texans cook their meat? That may indeed confuse them.

Yeah, really! smiley-grin

That reminds me of when I was in Australia and I had sent back a steak that I ordered medium rare and that had arrived well done. The chef and the entire kitchen staff came out to witness me cutting into the replacement. Pretty funny. They just shook their heads in disbelief.

Global Moderator
UK
Brattain Member
I don't think you connected the grounds, Dave.
View Profile

I ordered medium rare and that had arrived well done.
Thanks for the warning - sounds like another reason not do visit Oz.

"Pete, it's a fool looks for logic in the chambers of the human heart." Ulysses Everett McGill.
Do not send technical questions via personal messaging - they will be ignored.

Dallas, Texas
God Member
View Profile

I ordered medium rare and that had arrived well done.
Thanks for the warning - sounds like another reason not do visit Oz.

I usually stick to seafood, which they generally do a nice job on. Other than the meat issue, it's really a wonderful place in my opinion. Of course, you're a Pommy and not welcome there anyway.  smiley-mr-green

Global Moderator
UK
Brattain Member
I don't think you connected the grounds, Dave.
View Profile

you're a Pommy and not welcome there anyway
That's only because I don't have a criminal record.

"Pete, it's a fool looks for logic in the chambers of the human heart." Ulysses Everett McGill.
Do not send technical questions via personal messaging - they will be ignored.

Global Moderator
Boston area, metrowest
Brattain Member
Author of "Arduino for Teens". Available for Design & Build services. Now with Unlimited Eagle board sizes!
View Profile

Bryson has a great book about a trip he took across Australia. Amazing how many things there are the deadliest versions on the planet!

Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.
Arduino for Teens available at Amazon.com.

Left Coast, CA (USA)
Brattain Member
View Profile

Amazing how many things there are the deadliest versions on the planet!

That appears to be the truth, just ask the Crocodile Hunter. Oh wait, what....

Lefty

Dallas, Texas
God Member
View Profile

you're a Pommy and not welcome there anyway
That's only because I don't have a criminal record.
lol

Bryson has a great book about a trip he took across Australia. Amazing how many things there are the deadliest versions on the planet!

I was on Barrow Island, which is way up off the Northwest coast and was about to go wading in the surf when several people came running to warn me about the "sea snakes".

Left Coast, CA (USA)
Brattain Member
View Profile

Back on topic. Couldn't resist the price on this little beauty. You know about that whole USA/China trade imbalance, well it really is all my fault.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120763002301&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

Global Moderator
Brattain Member
View Profile

That reminds me of when I was in Australia and I had sent back a steak that I ordered medium rare and that had arrived well done. The chef and the entire kitchen staff came out to witness me cutting into the replacement. Pretty funny. They just shook their heads in disbelief.

Can't be the part I live in. Usually if you order anything more cooked than medium they warn you it will take a while to cook. Rare or medium rare is pretty normal, and usually it is cooked right.

Dallas, Texas
God Member
View Profile

Can't be the part I live in. Usually if you order anything more cooked than medium they warn you it will take a while to cook. Rare or medium rare is pretty normal, and usually it is cooked right.

'Twas in Sydney. I had a beautiful steak in Melbourne in a restaurant that was between floors. It had really low ceilings. Can't remember what it was called.

Seattle, WA
View Profile

@retrolefty - what kind of turnaround time are you seeing with orders from itead studio?  I love their stuff, but it seems to take 3-4 weeks to get to me.

I've only ordered from them once before about a year ago and don't recall any abnormal shipping delay. I've bought lots of stuff from Asia via E-bay sellers over the last couple of years or more, and I get a consistent 10-12 day delivery time, which is just fine for this old retired fart.  smiley-wink

Lefty

I've got a couple of orders in the pipeline from them.  Orders from other Asian suppliers (I order a lot^H^H^H^H too much from EBay) seem to take 10 days or so to arrive.  NKC is consistently under 7 days.  Just seems to be ITead that takes so long... Oh well.

Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35   Go Up
Jump to: