Go Down

Topic: Cheap/Good PCB houses outside China (Chinese New Year) (Read 5336 times) previous topic - next topic

CrossRoads

These guys in MA, USA are offering 100 square inches for $95 plus shipping worldwide.
https://www.internationalcircuits.com/layer_grid.php?cat_id=13
Lots of things included - silk screen, solder mask.
Don't know how much effort is needed to create gerber files, drill files, etc.

I don't know if these guys ship international, but I used expresspcb.com's miniboard service to get 14 3.8" x 2.5" boards, fast turnaround, $165.
Same with shipping to AU would be $210, difference is the shipping.
They have a special serivce, 3 of the same size boards, $51 plus shipping ($55 to AU).
The ExpressPCB schematic capture & layout software is quick to learn & easy to use. Here's the design I had built with 2 built up CCAs in a box (cut in half down the middle)

Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years.  Screw Shield for Mega/Due/Uno,  Bobuino with ATMega1284P, & other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  my website.

liudr

CrossRoads,

Thanks for sharing. International is cheaper than the seeedstudio 50mm*50mm * 10 if you're willing to pay for the quantity of board. I have some reservations on ExpressPCB or another one of them. Their software is alright, easy to use but last time I tried they only handle proprietary file formats. Do they export Gerber files now? I use EAGLE. Paid for the light version anyway. If I keep saving money, I may eventually be able to purchase full version in maybe 10 years.  :)

CrossRoads

That is a drawback with expresspcb, no gerbers.
I couldn't fit most of what I design into the limits of the lowest eagle package tho - 1 schematic sheet, 100mm x 80mm PCB.
Well, maybe they would fit the PCB (10cm x 8cm = 3.9" x 3.1", the size of a Velleman ECS1/2 that I typically build up on), but its $200 jump for that 2nd page of schematic.
Takes a whole page just to show single chip like a MAX7221 connecting to 8 headers to go to 8 7-segment displays.

All depends on one's specific needs.
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years.  Screw Shield for Mega/Due/Uno,  Bobuino with ATMega1284P, & other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  my website.

phibes4000

Is this going to become the most political thread on the board? Maybe there are fab houses in Iran and Egypt we could work into the conversation?

I don't know what that means, (and frankly, I don't care)...

A lame attempt at humour on my part given the direction of the conversation - Egypt is possibly undergoing a revolution, Iran is obviously a 'hot topic'.  Not sure why that got a prickly response. 

For me, the SA ones that looked OK would need me to send designs for a quote, and don't have online pricing.  Maybe I'll send a few my design but I don't get the impression they will be cheap.  As Asia is so close, shipping rates are usually best from there, and curiously from the UK.

on topic... custompcb.com is in Malaysia.  Just ordered some prototypes from them.  They verified my design with me and even doubled my order!
Well, there are a lot of Chinese people in Malaysia and their site says they're closed.

These guys in MA, USA are offering 100 square inches for $95 plus shipping worldwide.
https://www.internationalcircuits.com/layer_grid.php?cat_id=13

This looks like an option - I can produce gerbers no problem.  Thanks!!!

Jeff K

Well, there are a lot of Chinese people in Malaysia and their site says they're closed.

My fault for looking at the site on a netbook.  I should have scrolled down a little more.
Jeff K - JKDevices.com - home of the MegaMini

Go Up