Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: SOLVED: On post of comment returns to forum, not to thread  (Read 665 times)
Phoenix, Arizona USA
Faraday Member
Where's the beer?
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Not sure if this is a bug, or if it has already been reported, or if maybe there is a setting in my profile (I'll check later), but I've noticed that when I post a reply to a thread, rather then refreshing the thread (showing my reply), the system takes me back to the forum the thread was a part of, and I have to click on the thread again to return to it.

All - its not a bug, its a default "feature" - if you are in the forum, click the Profile link in the top menu bar on the right.

You'll see on the left menu an entry that reads "Look and Layout Preferences" - click on that. In the box that comes up, there's an option that you can enable entitled "Return to topics after posting by default." - Check that.

/fixed

smiley
« Last Edit: January 27, 2011, 11:36:31 am by cr0sh » Logged

I will not respond to Arduino help PM's from random forum users; if you have such a question, start a new topic thread.

Left Coast, CA (USA)
Brattain Member
Measurement changes behavior
View Profile

I have noticed that also, and don't like it at all. This would be a good one to fix.

Lefty

Copenhagen / Denmark
Edison Member
Do it !
View Profile

I think this can be set up in your profile, haven't tried it though.

Note to self: Read all posts in thread before answering :-)
« Last Edit: January 27, 2011, 11:37:33 am by MikMo » Logged

Global Moderator
Boston area, metrowest
Brattain Member
Author of "Arduino for Teens". Available for Design & Build services. Now with Unlimited Eagle board sizes!
View Profile

Status's have changed again - I have moved from Hero to Edison!

Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.
Arduino for Teens available at Amazon.com.

North Yorkshire, UK
Faraday Member
View Profile

Not sure if this is a bug, or if it has already been reported, or if maybe there is a setting in my profile (I'll check later), but I've noticed that when I post a reply to a thread, rather then refreshing the thread (showing my reply), the system takes me back to the forum the thread was a part of, and I have to click on the thread again to return to it.

All - its not a bug, its a default "feature" - if you are in the forum, click the Profile link in the top menu bar on the right.

You'll see on the left menu an entry that reads "Look and Layout Preferences" - click on that. In the box that comes up, there's an option that you can enable entitled "Return to topics after posting by default." - Check that.

/fixed

smiley

I have changed it in my profile as it was very annoying - Might I suggest that it is set to 'return to thread' by default?
I think the majority of people would prefer it that way.

Silly-con Valley, Ca, U.S.
Lernin' to tinker
View Profile

I have changed it in my profile as it was very annoying - Might I suggest that it is set to 'return to thread' by default?
I think the majority of people would prefer it that way.
+1

One of the first things I changed.

10 PRINT CHR$(7)
20 GOTO 10

Leighton Buzzard, UK
Edison Member
View Profile

+1
seems the default is counter-intuitive
would be good to make as many defaults as similar to a previous life as possible
IMHO
YMMV
RTFM

there are only 10 types of people
them that understands binary
and them that doesn't

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: