Go Down

Topic: [SOLVED] "remember me" doesn't work the way it should (Read 778 times) previous topic - next topic

gardner

Jan 28, 2011, 05:02 pm Last Edit: Jan 29, 2011, 12:17 pm by cmaglie Reason: 1
I participate (if you can call it that) in the forums from at least 3 computers and I do not like to re-authenticate every time.  What I am finding is that either "remember me" doesn't work at all, or has a short timeout, or is invalidated by logging in from a different computer.  The old forum handled remembering sessions on multiple systems and never forced me to reauthenticate.  If possible, I would like the old behaviour to be restored.

mmcp42

there are only 10 types of people
them that understands binary
and them that doesn't

GordonEndersby

I was having a similar problems till I changed my bookmark to http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php
Then it worked.

Gordon

cmaglie

Finally I found, hope, the reason of this behaviour, it was due an incorrect assignment of a cookie expire time.

On my pc now the behaviour is:
test 1) do Login without remember) => do something => close browser => open browser => Not logged in
test 2) do Login with remember) => do somet. => close browser => open browser => Logged in
test 3) Already logged in (with remember) => do somet. => close browser => open browser => Logged in
test 4) Already logged in (with remember) => do somet. => do Logout => close browser => open browser => Not logged in

please test it.
C.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy