Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: [SOLVED] "remember me" doesn't work the way it should  (Read 704 times)
Ontario
God Member
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

I participate (if you can call it that) in the forums from at least 3 computers and I do not like to re-authenticate every time.  What I am finding is that either "remember me" doesn't work at all, or has a short timeout, or is invalidated by logging in from a different computer.  The old forum handled remembering sessions on multiple systems and never forced me to reauthenticate.  If possible, I would like the old behaviour to be restored.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2011, 06:17:26 am by cmaglie » Logged

Leighton Buzzard, UK
Edison Member
View Profile

+1

it's only a mouse-click - but why?????????????????

there are only 10 types of people
them that understands binary
and them that doesn't

London
Arduino rocks
View Profile

I was having a similar problems till I changed my bookmark to http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php
Then it worked.

Gordon

Forum Administrator
Milano, Italy
View Profile

Finally I found, hope, the reason of this behaviour, it was due an incorrect assignment of a cookie expire time.

On my pc now the behaviour is:
test 1) do Login without remember) => do something => close browser => open browser => Not logged in
test 2) do Login with remember) => do somet. => close browser => open browser => Logged in
test 3) Already logged in (with remember) => do somet. => close browser => open browser => Logged in
test 4) Already logged in (with remember) => do somet. => do Logout => close browser => open browser => Not logged in

please test it.

C.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: