Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Is it possible to know why Arduino rebooted?  (Read 349 times)
Brazil
Arduino rocks
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

I'm trying to debug a very weird issue and it will be great to know why board has rebooted.
Somehow my board is rebooting after the values on analog ports changes.

I fight for the user!

USA, FL
God Member
A life? Where can I download one of those?
View Profile

Your question doesn't seem to be associated with programming.  Yet you posted in the programming forum..

How are we supposed to help you if we don't know what your project is or what you have hooked up to the Arduino? 

Since your question is so vague, I will give a vague answer; the most common reason why the Arduino restarts is you're pulling too much current.

//LiNK

My favorite isotope of iridium is Ir-191!
View Profile

Your question doesn't seem to be associated with programming.  Yet you posted in the programming forum..

How are we supposed to help you if we don't know what your project is or what you have hooked up to the Arduino? 

Since your question is so vague, I will give a vague answer; the most common reason why the Arduino restarts is you're pulling too much current.

Also, the arduino could reboot if you connect the 5v to ground with no resistor.
It's not likely, but you could have connected the reset pin to ground, which also resets the board.

Shouldn't this be in electronics?

God Member
View Profile

Or, you could be running out of memory.  Do you use a lot of strings?

Or, the watchdog reset might be firing.

The way I would debug such a thing would be to insert debug Serial.print() statements in the code.  Then you would know what was the last thing that happened before it rebooted, and you could print whatever variables or pin states or voltages you thought might be relevant.

Czech Republic
Absolute Beginner, yet.
Newbie in Arduino
since May 2013
View Profile

Or, you could be running out of memory.
I agree, when free SRAM drops too low, stack overflow causes unexpected behavior but also board restarts

Arduino Uno R3, Arduino Mega 2560 R3, Ethermega (R3), and some Ethernet Shields (R3), Chronodots, TMP36 sensors, DS18B20 sensors, LCDs/TFTs, RS232C to learn and play...

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: