Go Down

Topic: Could not initialize class gnu.io.RXTXCommDriver... (Read 6053 times) previous topic - next topic

History: Have been using IDE Version 16. Yesterday upgraded to Version 22. Everything worked fine. Loaded and compiled the rather large sketch I have been working on, uploaded to the Mega board, ran. No problems.

This morning I rebooted the machine and when I load the sketch I get the following error (in the first window that opens when you start the IDE):

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class gnu.io.RXTXCommDriver thrown while loading gnu.io.RXTXCommDriver

When I try to compile the sketch I get a Compile Error and garbage in the lower window.

Everything works just fine still in Version 16.

I suspect I need to change versions of Java (I have the java folder in V16 renamed so it won't be used). Am I right and if so how do I do that?

OK, uninstalled Java and installed latest version (V6 Update 23). No help.

Got it working. But frustrated.

All my design projects are on my J: drive -- including all my Arduino IDE installs. If I install V22 on my J: drive it doesn't work. However if I install it on my C: (boot drive) its working fine. Disk check of J: reveals no problems.

Frustrating. I hate computers & OSs sometimes...

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131