Go Down

Topic: "Beginning Arduino" Book (Read 4 times) previous topic - next topic

Mike Mc

Jan 28, 2011, 02:38 pm Last Edit: Jan 28, 2011, 02:40 pm by Mike Mc Reason: 1
Thought i'd tell you about my new book, "Beginning Arduino" that is now available:-

US:  http://amzn.to/hcyrm0
UK:  http://amzn.to/fTAY5G

The book is desined to take absolute beginners in both electronics and programming through a total of 50 projetcs, learning as you go, until by Project 50 you are proficient at using the Arduino.

You will learn such things as:-

* Controling motors and servos
   * LCD Displays
   * Ethernet shield usage
   * sending data to Pachube
   * Scrolling text on LED displays
   * Touch screens
   * Reading and writing to SD cards
   * Making a line following robot

...and so on. The style of the book is easy going, with the reader diving right into projects from the start and not learning theory first. The best way to learn, in my opinion, is to get stuck in and learn as you go along.

The book is full of colour diagrams showing breadboard circuit diagrams using Fritzing and full code for each project is included. The chapter then explains in easy to follow, step by step procedures, how both the electronics and the code works so you get a full understanding of how to use the Arduino, how to program it and how to use components with it. Each project builds on the knowledge of previous projects.

This is the book I wish I had when I first started in Arduino development. It's available now from Amazon, Barnes & Noble and all good bookshops.

smiley

Mike

CowJam

This is a great book, it's well written, clearly laid out and covers a great range of topics.

I'm in the UK, it was cheaper ordering from the US Amazon and waiting a bit for delivery.

Benji

For any Dutchies out there, the book is also for sale at bol.com: http://www.bol.com/nl/p/engelse-boeken/beginning-arduino/1001004010619357/index.html

I'm gonna get it soon, seems like an awesome book :)

Kennykbe

Mike, 
  Bought the book and find it truely facinating.  I am just beginnig to scratch the surface with this.  I was wondering if you were aware of some of the typos in the book.  Some of the tables seem as though they weren't typeset correctly. i.e. table 3-5.  Also, on page 111 the pin numbering explanation is a bit jumbled.  I can't until this week end to finally have the time to start building!  I bought the book at Borders in the US.

CowJam

Mike, 
  Bought the book and find it truely facinating.  I am just beginnig to scratch the surface with this.  I was wondering if you were aware of some of the typos in the book.  Some of the tables seem as though they weren't typeset correctly. i.e. table 3-5.  Also, on page 111 the pin numbering explanation is a bit jumbled.  I can't until this week end to finally have the time to start building!  I bought the book at Borders in the US.

You're right about the table but the pin description seems ok to me.  Have a look at the diagram on p116, turn the book to the left so the dimple (shown as a circle) is to your left.  You'll see pins 1, 8, 9 and 16 matches.

Go Up