Go Down

Topic: Lidar Lite Calibration with no ouput (Read 564 times) previous topic - next topic

yuanyangbing

Hi everyone,
I just go a Lidar Lite V2 and i have use it with some Zeroing code from the official website.
However, there are no ouput from the serial monitor.

Code: [Select]
/*
http://pulsedlight3d.com
This sketch demonstrates getting distance with the LIDAR-Lite Sensor, turning
it off between readings, averaging distance and setting the calibration offset.
It utilizes the 'Arduino I2C Master Library' from DSS Circuits:
http://www.dsscircuits.com/index.php/articles/66-arduino-i2c-master-library
You can find more information about installing libraries here:
http://arduino.cc/en/Guide/Libraries
*/

#include <I2C.h>
#define    LIDARLite_ADDRESS       0x62          // Default I2C Address of LIDAR-Lite.
#define    RegisterMeasure         0x00          // Register to write to initiate ranging.
#define    MeasureValue            0x04          // Value to initiate ranging.
#define    RegisterHighLowB        0x8f          // Register to get both High and Low bytes in 1 call.
#define    CalibrationRegister     0x13          // The register to set for calibration
#define    CalibrationOffsetVlue   0x00          // The calibration offset... see note below.

/*
Calibration offset is a Two's Compliment Value:
For postive offset... i.e. to add a constant to the distance output... simply convert the decimal number to hex
Example... if i want to add 5 to all distance readings... the CalibrationOffsetValue would be 0x05
For negative offset... i.e. to subtract a constant from the distance output, you need to subtract the value from 256
and convert that to hex.
Example 1... if i want to remove 5 from all distance readings: 256-5 = 251 so the CalibrationOffsetValue would be 0xFB
Example 2... if i want to remove 12 from all distance readings: 256-12 = 244 so the CalibrationOffsetValue would be 0xF4
Use this page to get the hex values: http://www.cs.princeton.edu/courses/archive/fall07/cos109/bc.html
*/

void setup(){
  Serial.begin(9600); //Opens serial connection at 9600bps.     
  I2c.begin(); // Opens & joins the irc bus as master
  delay(100); // Waits to make sure everything is powered up before sending or receiving data 
  I2c.timeOut(50); // Sets a timeout to ensure no locking up of sketch if I2C communication fails
  LidarLiteCalibrate();
}

void loop(){
   Serial.println(LidarLiteRawDistance());
}

/*=====================================================================================
FUNCTIONS
=====================================================================================*/

void LidarLiteCalibrate(){
 // Write 0x04 to register 0x00
  uint8_t nackack = 100; // Setup variable to hold ACK/NACK resopnses     
  while (nackack != 0){ // While NACK keep going (i.e. continue polling until sucess message (ACK) is received )
    nackack = I2c.write(LIDARLite_ADDRESS,CalibrationRegister, CalibrationOffsetVlue); // Write Calibration Offset Value to 0x13
    delay(1); // Wait 1 ms to prevent overpolling
  }
}

int LidarLiteRawDistance(){
 // Write 0x04 to register 0x00
  uint8_t nackack = 100; // Setup variable to hold ACK/NACK resopnses     
  while (nackack != 0){ // While NACK keep going (i.e. continue polling until sucess message (ACK) is received )
    nackack = I2c.write(LIDARLite_ADDRESS,RegisterMeasure, MeasureValue); // Write 0x04 to 0x00
  }

byte distanceArray[2]; // array to store distance bytes from read function

// Read 2byte distance from register 0x8f
  nackack = 100; // Setup variable to hold ACK/NACK resopnses     
    nackack = I2c.read(LIDARLite_ADDRESS,RegisterHighLowB, 2, distanceArray); // Read 2 Bytes from LIDAR-Lite Address and store in array
  }
  int distance = (distanceArray[0] << 8) + distanceArray[1];  // Shift high byte [0] 8 to the left and add low byte [1] to create 16-bit int

return distance; // give us this value
}

AWOL

Dec 15, 2015, 08:46 am Last Edit: Dec 15, 2015, 09:16 am by AWOL
Add some debug prints and see where it is hanging.

(uncompiled, untested)
Code: [Select]
#include <I2C.h>
const byte    LIDARLite_ADDRESS      =  0x62;          // Default I2C Address of LIDAR-Lite.
const byte    RegisterMeasure        =  0x00;          // Register to write to initiate ranging.
const byte    MeasureValue           =  0x04;          // Value to initiate ranging.
const byte    RegisterHighLowB       =  0x8f;          // Register to get both High and Low bytes in 1 call.
const byte    CalibrationRegister    =  0x13;          // The register to set for calibration
const byte    CalibrationOffsetValue =  0x00;          // The calibration offset... see note below.

void setup()
{
  Serial.begin(9600);
  I2c.begin();
  delay(100);
  I2c.timeOut(50);
  Serial.println (F("About to calibrate"));
  LidarLiteCalibrate();
}

void loop()
{
   Serial.println(LidarLiteRawDistance());
}

void LidarLiteCalibrate()
{
  uint8_t nackack;
  do {
    nackack = I2c.write(LIDARLite_ADDRESS, CalibrationRegister, CalibrationOffsetValue);
    Serial.print (F("Cal nackack "));
    Serial.println ((int)nackack, HEX);
    delay(1);
  } while (nackack != 0);
}

int LidarLiteRawDistance()
{
  uint8_t nackack;
  do {
    nackack = I2c.write(LIDARLite_ADDRESS, RegisterMeasure, MeasureValue);
    Serial.print (F("Raw nackack "));
    delay(1);
  } while (nackack != 0);

byte distanceArray[2];

do {
    nackack = I2c.read(LIDARLite_ADDRESS, RegisterHighLowB, 2, distanceArray);
    Serial.print (F("Read nackack "));
    delay(1);
  } while (nackack != 0);

Serial.print (F("dist [0]: "));
  Serial.print ((int)dist [0], HEX);
  Serial.print (F("dist [1]: "));
  Serial.println ((int)dist [1], HEX);

return (distanceArray[0] << 8) + distanceArray[1];
"Pete, it's a fool looks for logic in the chambers of the human heart." Ulysses Everett McGill.
Do not send technical questions via personal messaging - they will be ignored.
I speak for myself, not Arduino.

Go Up