Go Down

Topic: Lidar Lite Calibration with no ouput (Read 188 times) previous topic - next topic

yuanyangbing

Hi everyone,
I just go a Lidar Lite V2 and i have use it with some Zeroing code from the official website.
However, there are no ouput from the serial monitor.

Code: [Select]
/*
http://pulsedlight3d.com
This sketch demonstrates getting distance with the LIDAR-Lite Sensor, turning
it off between readings, averaging distance and setting the calibration offset.
It utilizes the 'Arduino I2C Master Library' from DSS Circuits:
http://www.dsscircuits.com/index.php/articles/66-arduino-i2c-master-library
You can find more information about installing libraries here:
http://arduino.cc/en/Guide/Libraries
*/

#include <I2C.h>
#define    LIDARLite_ADDRESS       0x62          // Default I2C Address of LIDAR-Lite.
#define    RegisterMeasure         0x00          // Register to write to initiate ranging.
#define    MeasureValue            0x04          // Value to initiate ranging.
#define    RegisterHighLowB        0x8f          // Register to get both High and Low bytes in 1 call.
#define    CalibrationRegister     0x13          // The register to set for calibration
#define    CalibrationOffsetVlue   0x00          // The calibration offset... see note below.

/*
Calibration offset is a Two's Compliment Value:
For postive offset... i.e. to add a constant to the distance output... simply convert the decimal number to hex
Example... if i want to add 5 to all distance readings... the CalibrationOffsetValue would be 0x05
For negative offset... i.e. to subtract a constant from the distance output, you need to subtract the value from 256
and convert that to hex.
Example 1... if i want to remove 5 from all distance readings: 256-5 = 251 so the CalibrationOffsetValue would be 0xFB
Example 2... if i want to remove 12 from all distance readings: 256-12 = 244 so the CalibrationOffsetValue would be 0xF4
Use this page to get the hex values: http://www.cs.princeton.edu/courses/archive/fall07/cos109/bc.html
*/

void setup(){
  Serial.begin(9600); //Opens serial connection at 9600bps.     
  I2c.begin(); // Opens & joins the irc bus as master
  delay(100); // Waits to make sure everything is powered up before sending or receiving data 
  I2c.timeOut(50); // Sets a timeout to ensure no locking up of sketch if I2C communication fails
  LidarLiteCalibrate();
}

void loop(){
   Serial.println(LidarLiteRawDistance());
}

/*=====================================================================================
FUNCTIONS
=====================================================================================*/

void LidarLiteCalibrate(){
 // Write 0x04 to register 0x00
  uint8_t nackack = 100; // Setup variable to hold ACK/NACK resopnses     
  while (nackack != 0){ // While NACK keep going (i.e. continue polling until sucess message (ACK) is received )
    nackack = I2c.write(LIDARLite_ADDRESS,CalibrationRegister, CalibrationOffsetVlue); // Write Calibration Offset Value to 0x13
    delay(1); // Wait 1 ms to prevent overpolling
  }
}

int LidarLiteRawDistance(){
 // Write 0x04 to register 0x00
  uint8_t nackack = 100; // Setup variable to hold ACK/NACK resopnses     
  while (nackack != 0){ // While NACK keep going (i.e. continue polling until sucess message (ACK) is received )
    nackack = I2c.write(LIDARLite_ADDRESS,RegisterMeasure, MeasureValue); // Write 0x04 to 0x00
  }

byte distanceArray[2]; // array to store distance bytes from read function

// Read 2byte distance from register 0x8f
  nackack = 100; // Setup variable to hold ACK/NACK resopnses     
    nackack = I2c.read(LIDARLite_ADDRESS,RegisterHighLowB, 2, distanceArray); // Read 2 Bytes from LIDAR-Lite Address and store in array
  }
  int distance = (distanceArray[0] << 8) + distanceArray[1];  // Shift high byte [0] 8 to the left and add low byte [1] to create 16-bit int

return distance; // give us this value
}

AWOL

Dec 15, 2015, 08:46 am Last Edit: Dec 15, 2015, 09:16 am by AWOL
Add some debug prints and see where it is hanging.

(uncompiled, untested)
Code: [Select]
#include <I2C.h>
const byte    LIDARLite_ADDRESS      =  0x62;          // Default I2C Address of LIDAR-Lite.
const byte    RegisterMeasure        =  0x00;          // Register to write to initiate ranging.
const byte    MeasureValue           =  0x04;          // Value to initiate ranging.
const byte    RegisterHighLowB       =  0x8f;          // Register to get both High and Low bytes in 1 call.
const byte    CalibrationRegister    =  0x13;          // The register to set for calibration
const byte    CalibrationOffsetValue =  0x00;          // The calibration offset... see note below.

void setup()
{
  Serial.begin(9600);
  I2c.begin();
  delay(100);
  I2c.timeOut(50);
  Serial.println (F("About to calibrate"));
  LidarLiteCalibrate();
}

void loop()
{
   Serial.println(LidarLiteRawDistance());
}

void LidarLiteCalibrate()
{
  uint8_t nackack;
  do {
    nackack = I2c.write(LIDARLite_ADDRESS, CalibrationRegister, CalibrationOffsetValue);
    Serial.print (F("Cal nackack "));
    Serial.println ((int)nackack, HEX);
    delay(1);
  } while (nackack != 0);
}

int LidarLiteRawDistance()
{
  uint8_t nackack;
  do {
    nackack = I2c.write(LIDARLite_ADDRESS, RegisterMeasure, MeasureValue);
    Serial.print (F("Raw nackack "));
    delay(1);
  } while (nackack != 0);

byte distanceArray[2];

do {
    nackack = I2c.read(LIDARLite_ADDRESS, RegisterHighLowB, 2, distanceArray);
    Serial.print (F("Read nackack "));
    delay(1);
  } while (nackack != 0);

Serial.print (F("dist [0]: "));
  Serial.print ((int)dist [0], HEX);
  Serial.print (F("dist [1]: "));
  Serial.println ((int)dist [1], HEX);

return (distanceArray[0] << 8) + distanceArray[1];
"Pete, it's a fool looks for logic in the chambers of the human heart." Ulysses Everett McGill.
Do not send technical questions via personal messaging - they will be ignored.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy