Go Down

Topic: Error while importing a sketch (Read 384 times) previous topic - next topic

6o4co

Sep 30, 2017, 05:02 am Last Edit: Sep 30, 2017, 07:13 am by 6o4co
I've been working in the Web Editor for a few weeks. I've imported sketches, edited code, uploaded to my Uno and everything was working great. Last week, I experienced the "doubling up of examples" issue. A few days later that was resolved but since then, every time I try to import any sketches (including the original sketches I downloaded from Github), I get this error:

"An error occurred while importing the sketch. Please make sure the file is not corrupted."

I've tried from my Mac (10.11), PC (Windows 7 Pro SP1 64bit) , Chrome (61.0.3163.100) , Safari, all with the same results. The sketches open fine in the IDE.

Any assistance or suggestions would be appreciated.

Roberto

Note1: "Import File into Sketch" works. Seems to only be zip files that have the issue.

ballscrewbob

Maybe start by deleting the CREATE agent and re-installing.

A little help attached.

It may not be the answer you were looking for but its the one I am giving based on either experience, educated guess, google or the fact that you gave nothing to go with in the first place so I used my wonky crystal ball.

6o4

Sep 30, 2017, 06:17 pm Last Edit: Sep 30, 2017, 06:23 pm by 6o4
ballscrewbob, following your instructions I removed the Desktop IDE and the create agent. I then reinstalled the agent only with the same error resulting when importing zipped sketches. Tried another account in case it was profile related and same error resulted as well.

ballscrewbob

In which case it sounds like you have some issue in the way you are zipping the sketches.

There is a maximum folder depth of 3 to be aware of with CREATE.

I also have a help file for this too. ;)

It may not be the answer you were looking for but its the one I am giving based on either experience, educated guess, google or the fact that you gave nothing to go with in the first place so I used my wonky crystal ball.

smellai

Hi @6o4co,
can you share your zip?

Go Up