Go Down

Topic: Bought a 64x32 LED matrix and have no idea how to start (Read 130 times) previous topic - next topic

Hey guys, so I bought a 64x32 LED matrix and realized I have no idea how to even start getting the led's to light up. I've tried looking around online and it looks like most matrices have the vcc and ground on the pins, however it looks like this one does not. I've attached pictures of the input, output, vcc and gnd pins. Thanks for your help!

UKHeliBob

Please do not send me PMs asking for help.  Post in the forum then everyone will benefit from seeing the questions and answers.

Paul__B

I've tried looking around online and it looks like most matrices have the vcc and ground on the pins, however it looks like this one does not.
Well, there is a hint.  VCC (presumably 5V) and Ground are on that big two terminal screw connector.  Of course the VCC does not appear on the other pins because there is no point.  This display will require a couple of amps (at least) to run, not the sort of current you run over the sort of "header pins" on an Arduino.

You need to post the link to the datasheet (and sample code) that you got when you purchased the display.

Unfortunately, I didn't receive sample code or a spec sheet with it :/ Here is a link to where I purchased it from, with some of the specs on the page:

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Indoor-F3-75-P4-75-RG-Dual-color-LED-dot-matrix-module-304-152mm-64-32/1721916462.html

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy