Go Down

Topic: Sure Electronics new 32x16 bi-color display: 3216 RG -Cont. from read only forum (Read 65 times) previous topic - next topic

zifwat

@doubledaffy :

thanks for the reply.. i have take a look at the ethernetclient that you suggested but didn't try it out yet.. now, i think i have got quite a view on how to get the RSS feed..

correct me if i'm wrong..
it is just simply edit this part under void setup()

from this:
Code: [Select]
  Serial.println("connecting...");

if (client.connect(server, 80)) {
    Serial.println("connected");
    client.println("GET /search?q=arduino HTTP/1.0");
    client.println();
  } else {
    Serial.println("connection failed");
  }

and change it so that it become like this:
Code: [Select]
  Serial.println("connecting...");

if (client.connect(server, 80)) {
    Serial.println("connected");
    client.println("GET http://twitter.com/statuses/user_timeline/41425390.rss HTTP/1.0");
    client.println();
  } else {
    Serial.println("connection failed");
  }

am i right @doubledaffy?

another question, can i just simply put the coding from the ethernetclient into the ht1632_2 coding?

thanks..

regards - zifwat

doubledaffy

@kylemallory: I got a 4th board in and I haven't had any problems getting it to display properly.  Are you sure you have the most recent library? Also, you might try giving the boards some external power if you're just powering them from the arduino.

xz81

Hello.

I am a noob with sure board, but I am running the board with the h1632c library. THANKS!!.

I only have an inconvenience,... I need the display to be read outside. Even if i set dotmatrix.pwm(15) I need more bright!!.

Someone of you know a similar ultrabrightness dotmatrix?. Maybe a way to hack the SE?.

Thanks, congratulations and hope to see new projects!!

doubledaffy

I'm fairly certain that's as bright as the LED's go.  If you have a lot of display module, and/or are using a lot of the LEDs at the same time, make sure you have an external power source otherwise they might dim.

Maybe you could try building an enclosure that shades the LEDs to reduce the direct light and glare to make it more visible outside.

Go Up