Go Down

Topic: Sure Electronics new 32x16 bi-color display: 3216 RG -Cont. from read only forum (Read 65 times) previous topic - next topic

florinc

Have you seen this before?

Yes. I don't have an explanation though.

eslin

Have you seen this before?

Yes. I don't have an explanation though.

Ive been planning to buy some more units and hook them up in a 64x32 configuration, then this could become a problem again I guess?

//eslin

florinc

Of course.
You also need a good 5V power source capable of at least 3A. (Pololu has one.)

simon_schvartzman

Hi team, I have two Sure 3216 displays and there is no way to have them working OK.
I have tried several codes I found on the forum (and elsewhere) but there is allways something wrong with characters being displayed at the wrong position.

Can any of you tell me where can I find a simple code that works flowlessly with 2 displays?

I just want to be able to plot dots on a 32x32 matrix, no funcy graphics and/or characters, just dots!!!

Many thanks in advance for any kind of help...

David Cuartielles

Hello,

the issue with this displays is not that the code most people are using is wrong ... I got a couple of displays from a friend today and I had the same issues explained by @eslin. After reading the code and realizing there was nothing bad in it, I realized that the 74hc164 chip is sending the output from pin QD directly to CS_OUTPUT. This means there is no delay between CS_OUTPUT in one SURE display and the CS_INPUT in the next when you daisy chain the displays.

The proper way of doing this would have been if the manufacturer had used QE as the CS_OUTPUT. Once you have the display, there is actually a patch for this without cutting anything. I also realized that the capacitor C1 is not mounted on the board. Adding a 1nF capacitor there did the magic for me. It delayed the load of the CS_INPUT enough to stop the bug of happening.

/d

See the attached picture

Go Up