Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: HD Camera Integration  (Read 1596 times)
Arduino rocks
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

I am aware that arduino isn't really powerful enough to send a video feed to the WiShield unit, but what I would like to do is make the Arduino take an HD picture every hour or so, then drip feed the data through the WiShield where it would go to sit on a server. I'm not very concerned about compression, however a camera that did JPEG compression in its own silicon would obviously be preferable. Does anyone know how I could do this?

The only way I could think to do it would be to have the camera and Arduino share a common storage device such as an SD card, but even so I'm not sure how I would do that.

Fort Lauderdale, FL
Faraday Member
Baldengineer
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

It may be a better option to find a different platform that can handle this amount of data. 

Even after you solve the "common data source" issue, it is going to take some clever coding to transfer a file as large as a JPEG image.  There is only a few K of memory available in the Arduino's ATmega.  So you will be reading very small pieces from the data source and transmitting it to via the network. 

The task isn't impossible with an Arduino, but it seems like there must be a better way.

Capacitor Expert By Day, Enginerd by night.  ||  Personal Blog: www.baldengineer.com  || Electronics Tutorials for Beginners:  www.addohms.c

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: