Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: XBee Coordinator Communication  (Read 1212 times)
Arduino rocks
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Hey,

I have a problem with the XBee's that I have: http://search.digikey.com/scripts/DkSearch/dksus.dll?Detail&name=602-1180-ND

Right now, I have one XBee as an End Device, and the other as a Coordinator. The Coordinator currently cannot transmit any messages, but can receive them. The End Device sends and receives messages.

I have configured both XBee's using X-CTU and both have Destination High/Low settings to connect to all transceivers with the same Pan ID.
They are also both connected using an Adapter Kit from Adafruit and have an FTDI cable going to a computer.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Edison Member
View Profile

How can you tell that the End Device one receives if the Coordinator doesn't send?

Try putting each other Destination just for testing purposes.

Mercadillo electrónico. Kit iniciación a Arduino, shield LCD a color y más cosas!

Arduino rocks
View Profile

Sorry for the late reply.

I think I am having trouble configuring these XBee's. Currently, the only settings that I messed with are the PAN ID and the Destination high and low. On the coordinator side, the settings for destination high and low are FFFF. For the End Devices, the destination high and low are set to 0000. Is this the best way to do point-to-multipoint communication? I need both the coordinator and end device to receive and transmit.

PS: If I use my Series 1 Xbee's the program works perfectly both transmit and receive.

Thanks! All help will be much appreciated!

Arduino rocks
View Profile

Any ideas?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: