Karma...

...trying to figure out what the heck I did to deserve a -1 "smite" on my karma; I haven't even posted that many messages here on the new forums, yet!

:~

I'm in the same boat...

I gave you a negative one just for kicks.... I'll find another post to give you a plus one, to even the odds

.... fail, it deleted the negative one and gave you +1, what if I thought this post was shit, but the post you made in the other thread was awesome?

Somebody got me too - I'd like to find out what for. At least what thread it came up in.

Same for the pluses - if we're not careful people will think we know what we're doing!

CrossRoads:
Somebody me too - I'd like to find out what for. At least what thread it came up in.

Don't lie, you just want to break their kneecaps

Unfortunately I think I started it in the other Karma thread suggesting I would be interested to see who got the first -k and for what.

So of course I got -k'd and then some people went stupid about it.

Even if it didn't show the person who gave the karma, it'd be good to know what thread/what post it was on so we know what not to do in the future/what people did not find helpful.

Mowcius

Not sure if I like this karma thing... It could be a good indicator for who is just posting crap, and who is trying to help. But isn't it the same with rating of shops? Most forget all the times they buy something, and everything goes as it should, but all remember if something went wrong, and spreads only the word of the negative purchase.

Plus it would be annoying if it became a "currency" for receiving a good reply, and the people giving it then expects to get it, and maybe not replying next time because the person asked maybe didn't give a plus before.

But I haven't been on the forum with it before now, so just spamming my thoughts.

"Unfortunately I think I started it in the other Karma thread suggesting I would be interested to see who got the first -k and for what.

So of course I got -k'd ..."

But the sequence of your posts about it was pretty funny XD, I was reading and laughing and explaining to my wife, we figured someone gave you just because you brought it up, which drew your immediate reaction. Wasn't me (I was tempted, but too slow), but it was funny.

I'm ignoring it for now. I've got 2 Atmegas says it doesn't stick aroun long in it's current state.

I've got 2 Atmegas says it doesn't stick aroun long in it's current state.

Lucky man, who you betting against? :smiley:

But the sequence of your posts about it was pretty funny smiley-lol, I was reading and laughing and explaining to my wife, we figured someone gave you just because you brought it up, which drew your immediate reaction. Wasn't me (I was tempted, but too slow), but it was funny.

Ok, it was a little, now it's getting stupid.

mowcius:

Yeah but your +ve karma is fantastic most likely (but not exclusively) because people go "aww, mowcius has got another bad karma. Better give him +ve again".

I know I do.

CowJam:

mowcius:

Yeah but your +ve karma is fantastic most likely (but not exclusively) because people go "aww, mowcius has got another bad karma. Better give him +ve again".

I know I do.

Haha, well now I'm on -5, better give me another :smiley:

biocow:
I'm ignoring it for now. I've got 2 Atmegas says it doesn't stick aroun long in it's current state.

Yea, but I bet they are just ATmega8's :slight_smile:

retrolefty:

Nope. 328's

mowcius:

You and lefty. If this karma thing in its current form sticks around more than 3 months I'll send you each one. You have my word.

biocow:

retrolefty:

Nope. 328's

mowcius:

You and lefty. If this karma thing in its current form sticks around more than 3 months I'll send you each one. You have my word.

Cool...

-8 FUUUUUU...

I haven't even posted that many messages here on the new forums, yet!

You can still get it from the posts in the old forum marked as read only.