Problem with Sample sketch

I downloaded the t6963c library from the collection here and tried to compile the sample sketch and this is the result.

ive been playing with ) and ;'s like crazy to fix this syntax thing lol

If you put the cursor just to the right of a ) or }, it will highlight the mating ( or {.
Looks like that line is just missing a ( after the =

What is the original line before you tried to change it? You should use the "#" button to post code, not a screen shot.

Lol.... Missing a "(" before the "(_FW-1)..."

I posted a screen shot so you could see the error. I added parenthesis as you mentioned but still the same error, i know for every open ( there has to be a close ) but no matter what I add thats the result. The error I posted is direct from the library, I have not modifyed it at all. I just tried to compile it and it wont work. After trying a bunch of things I closed it and opened the original one that was saved and posted the screenshot of it here.

Thanks for your responses. I reciveved a new t6963c GLCD and im dying to try it out lol

Look, some line before the error there is another line commented //lsb direction correction wich is the same minus one ). You should try to write the line that works.

OK, I got it!

Change:

// ------------------------------------------------------
// Set a single pixel at x,y (in pixels) to 0 (off)
byte T6963::clearPixel (byte x, byte y) {

For:

byte T6963::clearPixel (byte x, byte y) (

Basically, change the "{" for "(" !!!!!

and delete the extra ")" on the "tmp" line ...

(_FW-1) - (x%_FW));

for

(_FW-1) - (x%_FW);

and next time for God sake paste the code!!!

You are welcome.

i fixed it as you stated and now it says theres a problem with the "Byte tmp" line. I figured example sketches should run right off the bat. I hate to bother you guys with things that are simple but im kinda new and learning how these libraries work.

sometimes when I get the errors at the bottom of the screen I have no idea what they mean lol

heres some code

//-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
byte T6963::clearPixel(byte x, byte y)(
  byte tmp=B11110000;
  tmp |= (_FW-1)-(x%_FW); //LSB Direction Correction
  writeCommand(tmp);
  return tmp;
}
//------------------

Metalfan1185:
i fixed it as you stated and now it says theres a problem with the "Byte tmp" line. I figured example sketches should run right off the bat. I hate to bother you guys with things that are simple but im kinda new and learning how these libraries work.

sometimes when I get the errors at the bottom of the screen I have no idea what they mean lol

heres some code

//-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

byte tmp=B11110000;
  writeCommand(tmp);
  return tmp;
}
//------------------

can you paste the new error?

Isn't it fairly obvious there is an extra ( at the end of the line?

or maybe it should be {
to match up with this one?
return tmp;
}

Either or get rid of the mismatched ( and }

He forgot the "SetAdressPointer" line.

This should work:

SetAddressPointer((_GH + (x / _FW) + (_GA * y)));
  byte tmp=B11111000;
  writeCommand(tmp);
  return tmp;
  )

They actually tells you exactly what is going on.
Try to pay attention on what the error message says.

ok, I changed it like the last post and the error now says "Function 'byte T6963::clearPixel(byte, byte)' is initialized like a variable"

code:

SetAddressPointer((_GH + (x / _FW) + (_GA * y)));
  byte tmp=B11111000;
  writeCommand(tmp);
  return tmp;
  )

I do pay attention to the errors lol I'm new to C and i'm still learning the syntax. I understand that if you arrow key over the brackets and parenthesis you it points out their mates (great feature)

has anyone else used this library for a t6963c display before? am I the only one having this issue?

Looks like you need to use brackets instead parenthesis, but a short junk of code is difficult to debug.

Since you didn't had any error until that line, I was duplicating the code used on ""// Set a single pixel at x,y (in pixels) to 1 (on)".

I think you have to dump all the code in one post to understand it.

Edit: I've found the library. Is a mess, and is not debugged.
Let me check if I get somewhere.

That library is so buggy that is not even funny.

Also, there is some random codding being commented where it shouldn't...

Like this:

I've fixed that, but nothing seems to change on the "clearPixel" error.

I get to the point to comment out and delete part of the code related to "clearPixel", and the error stays there randomly on different parts of the code with the same "clearPixel" error, where there is no more "clearPixel" in the code!

That library is buggy pal. Try to find another one. vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

Edit: I've found the one working. Delete the previous library first! Download this library.

After installing T6963_Lib to Arduino's "libraries" folder, download this file and replace it for the same file on T6963_Lib's library.

Both examples should work after that with the new library.