Go Down

Topic: IDE Extentions ? (Read 140 times) previous topic - next topic

Reuyj

First time posting hope this is the place to ask these things but..

Is there someway to add features to the IDE or is this against the rules in someway.

I would really like to have the ability to minimise functions rather then scrolling through them to find where i was working.

Kind Regards
ReuyJ

:)

CrossRoads

In the right corner, there is a Tab arrow. You can create Tabs and put your functions there.
First tab will be the sketch name, I use that for notes.
Then I create a_presetup, b_loop, c_more_loop, d_end_loop, etc.
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years.  Screw Shield for Mega/Due/Uno,  Bobuino with ATMega1284P, & other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  my website.

Reuyj

I see...seems so obvious now.

THis is so much help thank you for the help :)

pert

I would really like to have the ability to minimise functions rather then scrolling through them to find where i was working.
With recent versions of the Arduino IDE you can do File > Preferences > Enable Code Folding which will allow you to minimize functions but it's not so useful if you use tabs because all the folded functions will be expanded every time you switch tabs. I also use tabs as CrossRoads suggested and it really helps with navigating large projects.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy