Go Down

Topic: beeping while pwm control (Read 2486 times) previous topic - next topic

metebalci

Hello,

I am a newcomer to arduino and recently got an arduino uno board with dfrobot motor shield (2A version) and trying to control the motors in the RP5 robot chassis (a 2WD car). When I try to control it using PWM, I hear a sound like beeping, I have no idea why it happens, can you give me some hints ?

Because of the problem with PWM, I switched using PLL. I am a little familiar with PWM but not with PLL motor control at all. Is it possible to control the speed with PLL ? is it functionally same with PWM, do you recommend or not using PLL over PWM ?

Thank you.

Mete

mowcius

The beeping noise is due to the low frequency that the PWM is being performed at. Most DC motors work best with PWM of about 20kHz

If you boost the PWM frequency then you should be able to get rid of the noise.

metebalci

Thank you for quick answer. I just saw the pages in arduino.cc website on changing PWM frequency and also I am checking the outputs on oscilloscope now. I guess I will manage.

Mete

mowcius

Thank you for quick answer. I just saw the pages in arduino.cc website on changing PWM frequency and also I am checking the outputs on oscilloscope now. I guess I will manage.

No problem. Changing the PWM frequency can be a bit of a pain but glad you found some info (saves me digging for it)

Go Up