Go Down

Topic: Relay power issues. (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

stevelondon2

Sorry, I should have been clearer, the issue is the with the 2x 4-way 5volt relays now.

The 12v issue was a sticky relay I think and working fine now. I just ran a very fast HIGH-LOW sketch and it cleared it.

It's the 5v ones that aren't all working now.

ballscrewbob

Still suggest raising the Arduino voltage first and if the situation continues then possibly the relay voltage.

It may not be the answer you were looking for but its the one I am giving based on either experience, educated guess, google or the fact that you gave nothing to go with in the first place so I used my wonky crystal ball.

stevelondon2

Excellent mate will do. However the Arduino is already getting 12v, won't anything higher damage it? Same question for the relays.

I know you can supply more current and it will just use what it needs, but is it the same for voltage?

I'll dig out some higher power transformers in a bit.

ballscrewbob

In the case of the power to the Arduino it would be fine as the specifications say it can go as far as 20 volts in the power jack but please NEVER go that high !

As for the relays again they allow for a voltage variation.

This is where reading the specs comes in useful.

It may not be the answer you were looking for but its the one I am giving based on either experience, educated guess, google or the fact that you gave nothing to go with in the first place so I used my wonky crystal ball.

Go Up