Go Down

Topic: 644P issue with SERIAL (Read 902 times) previous topic - next topic

vogel1230

I've been using the sanguino IC (644P) for some time and have no issues with any of the IDE version on either serial port until I tried to utilize the config option.

I can do this: Serial1.begin(1200);

but I can't do this: Serial1.begin(1200, 7E1);

Any ideas on where I need to go and make changes to be able to use the 644P for these serial calls that include the config portion?

Thanks!!

pylon

Please post a link to the IDE extension you use to be able to compile projects for the ATmega 644p.

BTW: the ATmega644p doesn't have a second USART, so Serial1 isn't available, in my opinion. But it should support the config option for the standard Serial interface object.

CrossRoads

644P does have a 2nd uart.
644 does not.

Serial1.begin(1200, 7E1);  is IDE version specific. Make sure you have a later version that supports that.

Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.
Arduino for Teens available at Amazon.com.

vogel1230

I'm using the 1.0.5 IDE and have the sanguino folders installed in the hardware folder. Everything else is working even serial. It just won't compile with config option

vogel1230

Just to be clear....I put (1200, 7E1) in original post.
I'm using: Serial1.begin(1200, SERIAL_7E1) in my sketch.

vogel1230

Loaded up my Mega and compiles just fine. Must be some files that has board definitions somewhere and the 644p might need to be added...??

CrossRoads

Is there a boards.txt set of entries for your 644P?
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.

vogel1230

Boards.txt file from sanguino folder attached. The sanguino folder is in the hardware folder of the Arduino IDE.

CrossRoads

Serial.begin & Serial1.begin, neither work for me with 644/644P. Don't know what's going on.

pylon

The sanguino files I got from here http://sanguino.googlecode.com/files/Sanguino-0101r1.zip provides it's own version of HardwareSerial.cpp and that one doesn't support the config option (seems to be copied from an older IDE). But it seems that the sanguino people didn't change anything in it, so you can just copy the version from the current IDE to the sanguino folder (cores/arduino/HardwareSerial.{cpp,h}) and it should work.

vogel1230

Nice catch!

I'll try this and report back when I return to work tomorrow.

vogel1230

Compiles just fine now. Thanks for the tip!

Go Up