Go Down

Topic: Your latest scrounge/acquirement (Read 3 times) previous topic - next topic

mowcius

Jan 31, 2011, 01:02 pm Last Edit: Jan 31, 2011, 01:14 pm by mowcius Reason: 1
Right, similar to the 'Your latest purchase' thread:
http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php/topic,50154.0.html

What's your latest scrounged/acquired product.

Mine is a broken NEC projector (VT470). It's been hit with a stick or something... I think the bulb is ok (pretty sure where I got it from tried it with a new one before they chucked it - it's got one in it) and I'm hoping it will be an easy fix. Gonna do the zenon/halogen headlight bulb mod if I get it working fine - not gonna pay a few hundred for a new bulb.

I have a second one in my sights too which I might get in a few weeks :)

I got a hot plate a few months back for SMD soldering (just about to get some new thermal fuses to make it safe again).

You guys must have got some cool stuff for free recently.

CowJam

My dad died before Christmas (he'd been ill for ages so it wasn't out of the blue).  I now own a couple of early 80s style acrylic cardigans, a selection of ties I'll probably never wear and a load of oxygen tubing. 

No idea what to do with the tubing really though it might come in handy if I ever attempt a water droplet "printer".

bld

Why not try some powerful LEDs instead? I am totally going to try that when the expensive xenon bulb in mine dies

Right, similar to the 'Your latest purchase' thread:
http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php/topic,50154.0.html

What's your latest scrounged/acquired product.

Mine is a broken NEC projector (VT470). It's been hit with a stick or something... I think the bulb is ok (pretty sure where I got it from tried it with a new one before they chucked it - it's got one in it) and I'm hoping it will be an easy fix. Gonna do the zenon/halogen headlight bulb mod if I get it working fine - not gonna pay a few hundred for a new bulb.

I have a second one in my sights too which I might get in a few weeks :)

I got a hot plate a few months back for SMD soldering (just about to get some new thermal fuses to make it safe again).

You guys must have got some cool stuff for free recently.
captain-slow.dk | non contagious!

mowcius

Why not try some powerful LEDs instead? I am totally going to try that when the expensive xenon bulb in mine dies

Well, could do but they're more expensive than a car headlight :D
Good idea though, I'll keep it in mind.

Valalvax

Most recent thing I got was a dead microwave

Ripped it apart and took the transformer, motor, entire pcb, and fan (with step down transformer attached)

Go Up