Go Down

Topic: Take my rovio for a spin! (Read 4 times) previous topic - next topic

biocow

Needs a pincher arm attached so we can move things.

And maybe throw on an LCD screen so we can type messages to you that you can read.
10 PRINT CHR$(7)
20 GOTO 10

bld

Needs a pincher arm attached so we can move things.

And maybe throw on an LCD screen so we can type messages to you that you can read.

Or even better, one of those speech chips things, so it can say the message :D
captain-slow.dk | non contagious!

biocow

Good call. Voicebox shield. Then there would be 2 way communication. (Well, except from an iPhone. I don't get sound on it from the Rovio.)
10 PRINT CHR$(7)
20 GOTO 10

focalist

Actually, it supposedly has a speaker onboard and can be used.. though I don't see where in the web client that would be.  I know from the API that two-way audio is part of the spec.. and aftermarket user software has implemented Push-to-talk on the browser side, at least from one of the software descriptions I read online.  I'll be browsing what's been done, but since the API is entirely driven by the onboard web interface, probably the best solution would be to maybe wrapper it into an embeddable OCX or similar web lib.  From what i understand, the current implentation that uses PTT is IE6+ only.
When the testing is complete there will be... cake.

Valalvax

Actually, it supposedly has a speaker onboard and can be used.. though I don't see where in the web client that would be.  I know from the API that two-way audio is part of the spec.. and aftermarket user software has implemented Push-to-talk on the browser side, at least from one of the software descriptions I read online.  I'll be browsing what's been done, but since the API is entirely driven by the onboard web interface, probably the best solution would be to maybe wrapper it into an embeddable OCX or similar web lib.  From what i understand, the current implentation that uses PTT is IE6+ only.

I saw a volume slider for the onboard speaker, and turned it up, trying to get my computer to make noise

Go Up