Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: Chess Game for Arduino Uno with Graphics LCD  (Read 6245 times)
Phoenix, Arizona USA
Faraday Member
Where's the beer?
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

This is very cool - definitely a contender for "top-10" Arduino GLCD games! I'm impressed that you coded your own engine (I tried such a thing once myself, a long time ago, and didn't get very far with it). I'm not surprised you were able to do it in the space (other than the RAM limitations); there used to be a 4K cartridge chess game for the TRS-80 Color Computer (though there wasn't as bad a RAM limit there, but it was pretty small).

I'm still waiting for someone to port Dungeons of Daggorath to an Arduino w/ a GLCD...

smiley-wink

I will not respond to Arduino help PM's from random forum users; if you have such a question, start a new topic thread.

Germany
Edison Member
If you believe something is right, you won't see what's wrong (David Straker).
View Profile

Greetings

Where are the images stored for the chess pieces?
Bitmaps are stored in the Flash-Rom with the GNU CC PROGMEM extension (avr/pgmspace.h).
The DOG library has a small PROGMEM abstraction layer:

http://code.google.com/p/dogm128/wiki/Develop#Flash-ROM_%28PROGMEM%29_abstraction_layer

Oliver

Germany
Edison Member
If you believe something is right, you won't see what's wrong (David Straker).
View Profile

Finally, I have released a new version of the DOGM128 library which now includes the chess game:
http://code.google.com/p/dogm128/

A DOGM128 or DOGS102 display with some buttons are required to play chess against the Arduino Uno.

Comments and suggestions are welcome.

Oliver

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Jump to: