Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: My Perfboarduino  (Read 2019 times)
New York
Edison Member
E != m*c^2
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

I put together a perfboard arduino clone from left over parts of old projects. Check it out over at my blog (I need hits  smiley-cool )

http://www.rustechstudio.com/big-builds/perfboarduino/

Phoenix, Arizona USA
Faraday Member
Where's the beer?
View Profile

Not bad; better hope your ATMega doesn't blow, or you have some work ahead of ya! Might be easier to route those lines on the bottom or something... smiley

I will not respond to Arduino help PM's from random forum users; if you have such a question, start a new topic thread.

New York
Edison Member
E != m*c^2
View Profile

Good point. They also get in the way of the soldering on the bottom of some shields. I might just rip them up next time the atmega does blow (because it's inevitable).

Phoenix, Arizona USA
Faraday Member
Where's the beer?
View Profile

Good point. They also get in the way of the soldering on the bottom of some shields. I might just rip them up next time the atmega does blow (because it's inevitable).

The other thing I noticed was that you have parts on each end of the DIP socket that would seem to making pulling the IC a difficult proposition without a DIP extractor (I'm not even sure they still sell them?). At least, if you used the "screwdriver on each end" technique to pop the chip, doing so would take some patience to avoid damaging those components on the extreme ends...

smiley

I will not respond to Arduino help PM's from random forum users; if you have such a question, start a new topic thread.

New York
Edison Member
E != m*c^2
View Profile

To be honest my main objective was stuffing in as much as possible without thinking about leaving proper spacing.

Left Coast, CA (USA)
Brattain Member
Measurement changes behavior
View Profile

The other thing I noticed was that you have parts on each end of the DIP socket that would seem to making pulling the IC a difficult proposition without a DIP extractor (I'm not even sure they still sell them?).

Note to even mention the red and green wires that loop over the top of the chip.  smiley-lol

Hey, no sweat. You built it, it works, you learned a lot. That's what Arduino building is all about. Next time you will do it a little different just because it's the next time.  smiley-grin

Lefty

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: