Go Down

Topic: SOUND BOARD (Read 125 times) previous topic - next topic

PRO4674

HI ALL IM NEW HERE TO THIS FORUM--EXCUSE THE CAPS  IM HALF BLIND --I AM LOOKING FOR A SOUND BOARD THAT I CAN USE TO ACTIVATE A RELAY THAT IN TURN WILL TURN ON A PILLOW SHAKER FOR A HEARING IMPAIRED VET WHO IS FEARFUL OF SLEEPING THROUGH  A SMOKE OR FIRE EVENT   THE SMOKE AND FIRE ALARMS IN THE HOUSE ARE VERY LOUD SOMEWHERE AROUND 300 HZ I THINK  THE SOUND BOARD SHOULD HAVE A POT  TO ADJUST SENSITIVITY  AND CAPABLE OF TURNING ON A RELAY --THE REST I CAN MAKE OUT OF OFF THE SHELF PARTS --ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED

CrossRoads

Aug 29, 2016, 09:20 pm Last Edit: Aug 29, 2016, 09:34 pm by CrossRoads
You can take the audio feed into the speaker, run it thru a low pass filter (10K resistor/4.7uF cap), and use a 10K pot to further reduce to 5V level if needed, and read that as a digital input with the arduino. Then have Arduino drive a transistor to drive the relay coil.
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years.  Screw Shield for Mega/Due/Uno,  Bobuino with ATMega1284P, & other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  my website.

ChrisTenone

What about a haptic motor under your pillow?
Wubba lubba dub dub!

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy