This is a shield for beginners and advanced users alike. It has the following features:
* 16X2 LCD character display
* 6 push buttons – four arranged in arrow keys and two more on the side
* 2 RJ11 ports for long and robust connections with sensors or control devices
* Optional buzzer and LED in place of the RJ11 ports
* Real time clock with battery backup keeps the time when Arduino is turned off
* EEPROM for easy data logging keeps data when Arduino is turned off
* GPS connector and breakout for this popular GPS module
* Reset button for Arduino
* All Arduino pins are brought out for maximal flexibility.
* Hackable for more functionality (see the end of the assembling) Dedicated page
: http://www.mediafire.com/?ku1jzkvpput6vadWhere to buy
: bare PCB
I have written many fully functional codes for this shield, GPS logging, display, input letters, numbers or symbols with the keys (Morse code trainer), alarm clock, menu functions etc.