Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: OpenPicus WiFi Flyport "Front End" for the Arduino  (Read 18656 times)
Progress is made by lazy people-H Ford/R Heinlein
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Moved all the OpenPicus Flyport WiFi webserver components into a Polycase enclosure and with the help of a
glue gun, I was able to attach all the sensors to the front lid.

In attached picture left to right. Ambient Sharp "super sensitive" light sensor PCB (Modern Device)
embedded with liquid tape so I could clean the lens from the outside. Next is the garage door controller
annunciator (buzzer) used to sound a warning before garage door activation. The PIR, in the center,
has a built-in pot to adjust the duration detection of motion. (No, clumsy software driver needed). Next is
the controller status LED and last is the garage door controller override lockout switch which disables the
weberver garage door output.

This webserver garage door controller will have to work under extreme temperature variations from below
freezing to about 120 F. The built-in Macetech's RTC ChronoDot DS3231 should easily handle these temperature extremes.
The garage door controller has to be 100% reliable but any failure will not disturb the garage door system from functioning.

Real garage door testing on going ...

"Never trust an Internet bully who insults and makes fun of your level of intelligence."

View Profile

"No project is better than the sensors you attached to it!"

----------------------------------
Garage Door Close Sensor (NC)
----------------------------------

SECO-LARM SM-226L-3Q

http://www.smarthome.com/7455B/Garage-Door-Contacts-for-Open-or-Closed-Circuits-SM-226L-3-/p.aspx

REED SWITCH: Gold under-plating with DEACTIVATED
RHODIUM outer-plating. SECO-LARM contacts have a
unique RHODIUM plating which has gone through a special
oxygen treatment to DEACTIVATE the surface, thus
eliminate the absorption of organic impurities, polymer
growth during operation, and the possibility of contact
freezing.
CONTACT LIFETIME: 50 million cycles.
TEMPERATURE: -15oF to 160oF (-25oC to 70oC).

SWITCH HOUSING: Weatherproof die-cast aluminum
constructed for surface-mounting on garage floor; able to
withstand heavy vehicle pressure without damage. The
switch is safely enclosed in an epoxy compound. A 24"
flexible armored cable gives complete protection to the
switch wiring.

MAGNET: Extra-strength Alnico 5 magnet allows a
2-3/4" operating gap.

---------------------------------
Garage Door Open Sensor (NC)
---------------------------------

This is a "rail mounted" "leaf spring" industrial microswitch which is used in industry by manufacturers.

http://www.amazon.com/Micro-Switch-YA-2RL37-Normally-Actuator/dp/B000PGMT2Q
http://www.allelectronics.com/make-a-store/category/727/Switches-Snap-Action/1.html

smiley-cool smiley-cool smiley-cool
« Last Edit: April 01, 2011, 01:08:09 pm by ArduinoAndy » Logged

"Never trust an Internet bully who insults and makes fun of your level of intelligence."

View Profile

New project using the OpenPicus wifi Flyport webserver ... OpenPicus Flyport FlySpy "Fly Spy On The Wall"

Ever wanted to check at your home for the environmental conditions or for any activity?
Maybe you wanted to make sure everything is alright with your older relatives or parents?
The OpenPicus Flyport wifi webserver "FlySpy" can do this and more.

Features:

Monitors:
         Ambient light detection
         Ambient sound detection
         PIR Motion (with long time delay)
         Ambient Temperature
         Ambient Humidity % RH
         Ultra-Sonic distance 4 Meters max.       
         Time/Date/DayOfWeek

Optional:
         Water leaks - water sensors will sound for ambient sound sensor.
         Door / window opening/closing

Webserver page counters shows:

PIR motion counts + time/dow/date
Utra-sonic counts + time/dow/date
Ambient sound detection counts + time/dow/date

Note: All counters are webpage resetable

Webserver page shows:

Ambient light %             Hi/low
Ambient sound              Hi/low
Ambient Temperature F. Hi/low
Humidity % RH               Hi/low

The Flyport FlySpy is embedded into a wall-mount white enclosure that acts like a "Fly Spy on the Wall"

Stay tuned for further project updates...

BTW ... check the Sensaphone or Grid Connect devices and you will see that the OpenPicus Flyport is the most cost effective way to go - by hundreds of dollars (USD)!
 smiley-mr-green smiley-mr-green smiley-mr-green

View Profile

OpenPicus just got better with their new IDE release 2.0
http://www.openpicus.com/cms/
 smiley-cool smiley-cool smiley-cool

View Profile

Great project! so funny the video of the garage door alarm! :-))

I'm also using Flyport and I'll try to post something about my project (easy automation in my house). I just wanted to let you know I just saw they made this useful board, http://www.eikonsite.it/products/openpicus+arduino+shield/Flyport+to+Arduino+shield+socket.aspx , Arduino shields to Flyport socket, to use the wide range of Arduino shields. I bought one and I immedialty started to play with Flyport and Relay shield!

Arduino rocks
View Profile

Useful to mention that OpenPicus has little to do with Arduino the way it is presented here.

Except for the great energy put in coming up with cool solutions which both of the camps share !

OpenPicus is based on the Microchip PIC architecture, and  supports its own IDE to run on Windows.
This special OpenPicus IDE is designed to shield the user from the complexity of getting down to the bare bones level code, at the expense
of understanding every detail in the underlying code.

While Arduino boards employ the Atmel processors and run the Arduino IDE. That IDE work in a different way,
best found out by testing both.

An interface board has been discussed for Flyport so that you can attach Arduino shields to it and thus take advantage
of those hardware interface boards. But it requires that code is written for the PIC processor to support access to each such shield
since code for PIC processors do not run on ATMel ones and vice versa.

I would say the Flyport and Arduino are two independent processing board development platforms with different approaches.
The two platforms are self-contained design environments in their own right where you can very well mix technologies on signal interface level if so desired.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Jump to: