Go Down

Topic: arduino duemilanove Installation problem (Read 5355 times) previous topic - next topic

vagosnet

hello to everyone!!i have bought an arduino duemilanove starter kit from china through ebay..i connect it to my windows 7 system and it doesnt recognize it.i followed the instructions from the section getting started from arduino.cc but the pc can not connect the arduino..it says unknown device.i manually install drivers from windows device managers but nothing happens again..what can i do for this?shall i change my os to another one like ubuntu or win xp?

ChrisS

mmh, ok.... it's a replica... so please have a look if the serialconverter.... (the small chip) is a FTDI FT232RL...?

maybe it's no FTDI like a cp2102...

Some coverters other than the ft232rl have some problems with different OSses.

Windows7 is able to recognise the ft232rl at factorydefault....

Have a look, did you connect the arduino on Frontpanel of your PC Case... try the backones....

Please answer if you checked this....

Greetings ChrisS

Sturmfabrik - mediale Dienstleistungen
www.sturmfabrik.de

vagosnet

Feb 03, 2011, 03:20 am Last Edit: Feb 03, 2011, 03:22 am by vagosnet Reason: 1
it is FT32RL...when i connect it the green led with PWR is on and another led with L letter is blinking.....help chris....     
also i use a laptop..

ChrisS

Hi, did you really have uploaded a new sketch?

Seems that everything is fine there.

Where do you search for Arduino in System>Hardware.... you know that it is recognised as "Serialport (COM)" than "Arduino" or something?

Power Led is ok... blinking L Led is ok.... thats the Factorydefaultsketch....

Connect Arduino with your Computer, hit the IDE and then HOLD DOWN SHIFT WHILE UPLOAD ANOTHER SKETCH(Example).

There should be some output.

Please stay me tuned ;)

Greetings ChrisS
Sturmfabrik - mediale Dienstleistungen
www.sturmfabrik.de

vagosnet

Feb 03, 2011, 10:40 pm Last Edit: Feb 03, 2011, 10:52 pm by vagosnet Reason: 1
where is the IDE?the small button that board has?when i connect my arduino in laptop it says unknown device..nothing else..and in control panel in device section manager it also says unknown device..when i am trying to upload a sketch in arduino program it says problem uploading to board..i only have the board connected to my laptop..with anything else...
i connect a LED in hole 13 like the example in arduino learning center but when i upload the sketch i take tha same message as above...problem uploading to board

smeezekitty

where is the IDE?the small button that board has?when i connect my arduino in laptop it says unknown device..nothing else..and in control panel in device section manager it also says unknown device..when i am trying to upload a sketch in arduino program it says problem uploading to board..i only have the board connected to my laptop..with anything else...
i connect a LED in hole 13 like the example in arduino learning center but when i upload the sketch i take tha same message as above...problem uploading to board

The IDE is the Arduino software.
Avoid throwing electronics out as you or someone else might need them for parts or use.
Solid state rectifiers are the only REAL rectifiers.
Resistors for LEDS!

E3po

Have you made sure the arduino software knows what board + chip as well as COM port you are using?  I had the same problem until I got the proper USB serial driver and then closed and restarted the IDE.  Then I can upload new sketches all the day is long.

E3po

HOLD DOWN SHIFT WHILE UPLOAD ANOTHER SKETCH(Example).

What does holding shift do anyway?

smeezekitty

HOLD DOWN SHIFT WHILE UPLOAD ANOTHER SKETCH(Example).

What does holding shift do anyway?

Gives more verbose output.
Avoid throwing electronics out as you or someone else might need them for parts or use.
Solid state rectifiers are the only REAL rectifiers.
Resistors for LEDS!

NI$HANT

Try getting new driver's of FTDi for Windows 7 from the official FTDi site, or Open>Device Manager> then plug in or plug out your deumilanove in and out then the device that vanishes when you plug out the deumilanove is your deumilanove click on it to open the context  menu and then select update drive from there and route to the directory of FTDi drives or the driver you recently downloaded from FTDi's website for FT232RL connection.
"Real Men can Accomplish  Anything"

ਫ਼ਤੇਹ ਕਰੁਂ!

Go Up