Go Down

Topic: Enhanced UNO compatible board including FTDI and ISP (Read 42 times) previous topic - next topic

Based on Arduino UNO, I made one board named by "UNO++" that integrated with ISP and FTDI.   I launched it on http://igg.me/at/leoyan-uno. 

A, Overview:  UNO++ = Arduino UNO + FTDI(USB to Serial) + ISP programmer

B, Features:

It has 3 modes: Normal, FTDI and ISP. I have modified the code of ATMEGA16U2, so that you can set up those modes by Serial Monitor instead of using switches.

1, Normal Mode:

In normal mode, UNO++ is an Arduino-UNO compatible board. The differences are as follows:

1)When uploading to UNO++, the RX header pin is disconnected from the ATMEGA328. So you don't need to unplug your serial module from the header to upload programs to UNO++.

2)It is possible to enable and disable RESET-EN to ATMEGA328 via the Serial Monitor. There is no need to cut any trace or solder pads.

2, FTDI Mode

UNO++ can be used as a USB to Serial device.  Arduino Pro Mini, LilyPad, etc can be connected directly to the FTDI socket.

3, ISP Mode

UNO++ uses the stk500v1 protocol to program AVR Mega chips. You can even program the bootloader into UNO++'s own ATMEGA328 by looping back an ISP cable, as the ATMEGA16U2 works independently from the ATMEGA328.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131