Go Down

Topic: dirt cheap PCB manufacture (Read 2011 times) previous topic - next topic

The_Bongmaster

I need to know a place where i can get some prototype boards knocked off at a really cheap price, im using eagle free version.
it wouldnt be fun spending money on getting a batch of boards made up and finding out something is horribly wrong on them, thus wasting a load of money most of us do not have. and also dont want to pay through the nose for a few boards to test a design.

and i am sure there are others that would like this info too ;)

so why not list them here :)
B-dui in creation.

designer2k2

http://www.designer2k2.at

The_Bongmaster

-_-

thats fine for single sided (i only have single sided copper clad) simple boards..

but no good for double production prototypes with impossible to draw by hand tracks. (yea i have no access to a laser printer so transfer methods are a no-go).

i'm talking about proper made boards.
B-dui in creation.

Oracle

Seeedstudio's propaganda service.  10 boards for $50 up to 4x4 inches, double sided with double sided silk screen and solder mask.  

The_Bongmaster

thnx thats one, but its too many boards and too much money for wat im after ;)

thnx for adding to the list tho :)
B-dui in creation.

macegr

$50 is about the lower limit for any quantity of commercial quality PCBs.
Unique RGB LED Modules and Arduino shields: http://www.macetech.com/store

The_Bongmaster

i dont need 10 boards tho. especially if there turns out to be a problem in the layout or design that i wont discover until i build one.

i'll only want that many wen i either need beta testing or sell kits.
B-dui in creation.

bHogan

It's worth looking at BatchPCB for prototype quantities.
http://www.batchpcb.com/

When you only need a few boards, just to prove the design, they might be cheapest. (Sometimes they throw in a free board.  :-X)

Just another option, if you weren't aware of them.
"Data is not information, information is not knowledge, knowledge is not understanding, understanding is not wisdom."
~ Clifford Stoll

The_Bongmaster

i'll look into that one :) thnx :)

keep em coming XD people need choice :P
B-dui in creation.

jkeny

Aug 08, 2009, 08:23 pm Last Edit: Aug 08, 2009, 08:34 pm by jkeny Reason: 1
I'm interested too - has anybody used the batchpcb service? Turnaround can be 3-4 weeks. What's the quality like?

Oh & anywhere in Europe? I saw someone mention Olimex but these are 30 euro for a double sided panel 100 X 160mm - not cheap compared to Batchpcb or Seeedstudio

Edit: Aha, just looked at Seeedstudio - it's not that simple - seems to be a $250 initial outlay for new designs doh!

Edit 2: Oh yeh Batchpcb is closed for August. doh!
Birth, was the death of him

windhamrules

Aug 09, 2009, 06:39 am Last Edit: Aug 09, 2009, 06:41 am by calcdffirefighter Reason: 1
I use http://www.expresspcb.com/ and really like them. They also have a free download of PCB design software and sch software. I love'em. You design your board with the PCB designer, select your qtys. It calculates the price, and you order it all through the free software. Its a cake walk.

EDIT: Didnt see you were in Norway... well the above info may help others at least :)
Chris
Its hard to put the smoke back in the wires

macegr

The ExpressPCB software is awful for anything with more than about 5 components. Someone sent me a design they worked on for a few weeks in ExpressPCB, after they decided they weren't cut out for PCB design. I tried to use it for about 20 minutes, then just gave up and redrew the whole schematic and routed the board in Eagle in about 2 hours.
Unique RGB LED Modules and Arduino shields: http://www.macetech.com/store

kg4wsv

Yep, the ExpressPCB software definitely sucks bigtime, and it's windows only.

I hope to try batchpcb soon.

-j

The_Bongmaster

once i read thru the sparkfun info about exporting the gerber files and used one of their suggested gerber viewers to check them it was ok :)
i chose the files needed, zipped them up and sent them to the batchpcb bot for analysis, it seemed happy with them.
apparently they have a special cam file that will generate the files from the layers properly. :)
B-dui in creation.

Oracle

Aha, just looked at Seeedstudio - it's not that simple - seems to be a $250 initial outlay for new designs doh

I've used Seeedstudio a few times.  It is $50 for 10 boards...no other initial outlay.  And you can get away with $30 for 5 boards if you give them permission to try and resell the other 5.  Considering those options I really can't understand why one would be $30 for a single board from batchPCB.  It's always good to have a spare anyway in case you screw up the assembly too bad and even if you have a few traces wrong you can patch it.

Originally they had a 1 board for $10 deal (and they actually sent me 3 which I thought was very nice of them) but I just dont' see how it's possible for them to make a profit on a deal like that, so I'm happy enough with the 10 for $50 offering.

fwiw, the boards fromt them are very high quality, comparable to the Arduino Diecimillas I've got except green instead of blue.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy