I am setting up a small business quite similar to adafruit industries or DIY Drones, based an arduino project: http://openenergymonitor.org
The idea is to sell kits or fully assembled devices that allow to monitor in real time many channels of electricity consumption/generation and send it to the cloud. As you can imagine this device would be very helpful to individuals and organizations that want to improve their energy usage patterns, or just have an eye on their PV installation, small wind turbine, machinery electricity production/consumption.
This device would be mounted in a few minutes above the electrical distribution board, and the current sensors should be clipped around electrical cables in a totally non-invasive way.
Price target: 250 to 370 EUR per system (changes with connectivity LAN or WIFI, and the number of channels monitored).
This project is too much workload for one person, that's why I am looking for a second person to help. The division of tasks will not be very strict, but in general I would do most of the business operations: procurement, sales, logistics, stock, promotion and the other person would concentrate more on the technical aspects.
- Based in berlin/brandenburg
- Familiar with UDP and networks/databases
- Very good knowledge of arduino and electric circuits
- An interest for sustainable/responsible energy management.
- Co-planning of production
- Help with the assembly of PCBs
- Help with installations
- Help with webshop operations and community admin
- Willingness to share some of the risk of launching a new business
I am aware that this does not look like a very professional job description, but the job itself is not a usual job.
Looking forward to your emails.