Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Tinkerer/freak needed to start a business (as partner or colleague)  (Read 1112 times)
Berlin
Arduino rocks
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

I am setting up a small business quite similar to adafruit industries or DIY Drones, based an arduino project: http://openenergymonitor.org .

The idea is to sell kits or fully assembled devices that allow to monitor in real time many channels of electricity consumption/generation and send it to the cloud. As you can imagine this device would be very helpful to individuals and organizations that want to improve their energy usage patterns, or just have an eye on their PV installation, small wind turbine, machinery electricity production/consumption.

This device would be mounted in a few minutes above the electrical distribution board, and the current sensors should be clipped around electrical cables in a totally non-invasive way.

Price target: 250 to 370 EUR per system (changes with connectivity LAN or WIFI, and the number of channels monitored).

This project is too much workload for one person, that's why I am looking for a second person to help. The division of tasks will not be very strict, but in general I would do most of the business operations: procurement, sales, logistics, stock, promotion and the other person would concentrate more on the technical aspects.

Requirements:
- Based in berlin/brandenburg
- Familiar with UDP and networks/databases
- Very good knowledge of arduino and electric circuits
- An interest for sustainable/responsible energy management.

Tasks:
- Co-planning of production
- Help with the assembly of PCBs
- Help with installations
- Help with webshop operations and community admin
- Willingness to share some of the risk of launching a new business

I am aware that this does not look like a very professional job description, but the job itself is not a usual job.

Looking forward to your emails.

Seattle, WA
God Member
View Profile

Hey, when you get this going and have some kits to test out, please post back!  I'd certainly try out a beta unit.

Miers 46500 France
EmbeddedAT .. From Concept to Prototype to Production
View Profile

Hello I live in France if that is any use to you.

20 years 4GL development and about 5 years embedded controller (PIC) and PGA coding, Web development, system design, hardware and software builder.

General guru of tech and something of an out of box thinker.

accomplished Tinkerer and fully paid up member of the Freak society.

In fact I am the archetypal Pony tailed, bass playing, snowboarding riding, jelly bean eating geek. Just what it sounds like you are looking for.

Fluent English speaker, but you may have guessed that.

Cheers Pete.

EmbeddedAT .. From Concept to Prototype to Production

Electronics and firmware design and project mentoring

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: