Go Down

Topic: [SOLVED] PLAYGROUND BUG - cant upload file (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

AlphaBeta

Feb 04, 2011, 01:42 am Last Edit: Feb 10, 2011, 09:35 am by David Cuartielles Reason: 1
I cannot upload a file to the playground. It redirects me to a page requiring password, but after the pass is entered, it redirects back.

Balázs

Same problem for me. (If we are talking about Playground Wiki file attachment.)

bHogan

Also same problem - use Attach tag in Playground, save, click on the link (with triangle), goes to page for password, does nor accept valid password.

I hope this can be fixed soon.
"Data is not information, information is not knowledge, knowledge is not understanding, understanding is not wisdom."
~ Clifford Stoll

David Cuartielles

Solved, at least it seems so. Please confirm. In the meanwhile I mark this as a [Solved] issue.

We just forgot to reactivate it after we upgraded the Playground's access to use the new identity server ... sometimes trying to be safe makes usability a disaster :-)

/d

AlphaBeta

I got one step further. After I had chosen a file, and tried to click 'Upload' I was redirected to the 'Password required' page.

bHogan

Not solved. Same symptoms as in Reply #2.
See attached screenshot. I get there and it won't accept my password.
"Data is not information, information is not knowledge, knowledge is not understanding, understanding is not wisdom."
~ Clifford Stoll

David Cuartielles

Hej you are right about it ... sorry, I made some tests in my local copy of Arduino, uploaded them, tried it there and it worked ... but I was obviously not looking at the right browser window. The issue is a little bigger than I thought in the first place. Both Cristian and I are looking into it.

/d

David Cuartielles

Feb 10, 2011, 09:36 am Last Edit: Feb 10, 2011, 05:31 pm by David Cuartielles Reason: 1
not now it is fixed, Cristian made a rewrite of the class that commands the login and edit/upload rights for users in the playground. Even brought in the feature of including the editor's name to the page being written.

This bug is officially closed now.

/d

bHogan

not it is fixed

Should read "now it is fixed". And I agree.  :)
It no longer goes to the log-on screen and just uploads the file.
Thanks David & Cristian.
~ Clifford Stoll

David Cuartielles

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy