Go Down

Topic: A bit lost - onchange event (Read 837 times) previous topic - next topic

Chaz7201

I am by no means a programer, I however can get most things to work via - java,html,php and such usually by searching the web. My project im working on now is trying to get some data from a webpage as a user inputs it.

to do this i am trying to get a slider bar to send a number to a tcp/ip port when the change occurs.
Ive seen and searched up alot about the onChange event of sliderbars. nowhere can i find clean simple code with just a sliderbar doing this function.

I understand a few things i need to do with my page.
first, when the page is loaded i need to open a socket with the arduino so it resets. ( im actualy transfering data via ust/serial, tcpip is only emulated.)
second i need to keep this connection open till the page is closed.

If anyone has any info on what language might get this idea done i would be so great-full.

here is some code i was working with.

<html> /// simple html code for making a slider
<body>
<input type="range" min="0" max="180" value="0" step="1" onchange="showValue(this.value)" />
<span id="range">0</span>
<script type="text/javascript">
function showValue(newValue)
{
   document.getElementById("range").innerHTML=newValue;
}
</script>
</body>
</html>

where the "showValue(this.value)" is, might i put something else there to open the socket?

perhaps call php

</PHP
$sock_data = socket_set_option($sock, SOL_SOCKET, SO_BROADCAST, 1); 
$sock_data = socket_write($sock, "HTML VAR", strlen("HTML VAR"));
?>

do i need to creat a php function that i call and send the var from the html?

lol, ANY HELP would be sweetness. THANKS

Nadir

Your question is related with Arduino? 

AlphaBeta

Yes, you will need a php running on your webserver.

I would do as you say, a javascript that calls the php whenever you change the value of the range. You should do it asynchronously, have a look at jQuery post and ajax methods.

Good luck!

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy