Go Down

Topic: Eagle printing resolution? (Read 539 times) previous topic - next topic

kg4wsv

I'm using the latest Mac version of eagle.  I've got some smaller pitched devices that come out as a single blob when I print the board layout on an HP laser printer (1200 dpi).  I can't find a setting to influence this.

Any clues on how to increase the print resolution?

-j

Adr1an

Backwards alternative: Save it as an Image at an alternative resolution/use an image program to print the resulting image ???

Not solving the problem - but a work around I guess....
Checkout my projects development blog @ SLiDA

kg4wsv

I thought about that, but I've had problems getting 1:1 in the past, so I thought I'd try to find a way to make eagle do what I want.

I may have to generate gerbers and use a gerber tool of some sort to print it.

-j

westfw

What process are you using to print?
I seem to get the best results using the CAM processor to output postscript, and then using preview to convert/print that.  (at least as far as a preview goes.  My actual printer is a bit of pain to access.)

Looks like eagle isn't quite up to higher-res printing on its own; that's a bit of a shame, since I would normally give them credit for better-than-average attempts at accurate printing for hobbyists using toner transfer/etc.

kg4wsv

It didn't occur to me to look for postscript output in the CAM processor.  Using the CAM processor's PS device did the trick!  now I hope my toner transfer/etch fab process (and skills) are up to the task. :)

thanks!

-j

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy