Go Down

Topic: My Arduino Web Server v2.0 (Read 37378 times) previous topic - next topic

tytower

Imusing Firefox 3.6.10
This time it loadedpartof the page and hung on "About server line"
Second time it got through and lost connection
Third it hung again
I have a screenshot of it and will try to attach it here

tjw7

Just plain awesome!

Congratulations physics-dude, and thanks for sharing!

Cheers,

lumi

Apr 20, 2011, 05:01 am Last Edit: Apr 20, 2011, 05:03 am by lumi Reason: 1
Wow, very cool  8)
I might think about to build one for myself to have access to my data when I am not at home.
How about to use it as an download server (i mean just some sketches, nothing very big)

BTW, I am using Firefox 4.0 and the page is working fine. Just "About The Server" page is blank gray but no error message. (just fixed this since i blocked scripts  :D :smiley-red:

physic.dude

Apr 20, 2011, 05:14 am Last Edit: Apr 20, 2011, 10:52 pm by physics-dude Reason: 1

Wow, very cool  8)
I might think about to build one for myself to have access to my data when I am not at home.
How about to use it as an download server (i mean just some sketches, nothing very big)

BTW, I am using Firefox 4.0 and the page is working fine. Just "About The Server" page is blank gray but no error message. (just fixed this since i blocked scripts  :D :smiley-red:

Thanks!

You can very well use an Arduino web server to download files like sketches and stuff,  but of course it will be fairly slow with anything over 100kb. Although I have successfully downloaded a 6MB file from the server in testing.

And I will try to reassess the problem with the web page's strangeness soon, now that I know it may be related to scripting.
Edit: Ok, I made a change to the pages, so I either made it worse or maybe I fixed it. Please don't hesitate to tell me if a page fails to load, or if you were one of the few who previously encountered a problem, try again to see it its fixed.

lumi

Apr 20, 2011, 08:32 am Last Edit: Apr 20, 2011, 08:34 am by lumi Reason: 1

Edit: Ok, I made a change to the pages, so I either made it worse or maybe I fixed it. Please don't hesitate to tell me if a page fails to load, or if you were one of the few who previously encountered a problem, try again to see it its fixed.

Thanks for your quick reply. I will build my own one after my holidays  8)

Now after your changes i just can see the "About The Server" page. All other pages are blank.
Maybe i was to quick...pages are loading fine now...

tytower

No change forme still loads then immediately resets page

physic.dude

Apr 20, 2011, 11:05 pm Last Edit: Apr 20, 2011, 11:38 pm by physics-dude Reason: 1
Ok, I made some changes, again.  :smiley-sweat:
Please try again if you experienced the bug, and say whether it works now or not.

tytower

lumi

For me all pages are working fine..no problems at all.

tytower

Apr 21, 2011, 08:59 pm Last Edit: Apr 21, 2011, 09:02 pm by tytower Reason: 1

For me all pages are working fine..no problems at all.

What are you looking at it with ?

I am using
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.9.2.10) Gecko/20101005 Fedora/3.6.10-1.fc14 Firefox/3.6.10

And I have AddBlock on
I'll just turn off addBlock in case that interferes with it
No its not that either

lumi

I used Firefox 4.0 and Firefox 3.6 something and IE 8

SteNull

Love this one! Thanks for sharing, I'm gonna try out your code tonight.

Go Up