Go Down

Topic: What is this and how can i control it!? (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

Nikka93

I would make a self controlled rc car and i unmounted an old Nikko toy that has got this magnetic system to control the steering angle.

How can i control it with Arduino?

Thanks  ^_^

Inprogress

This does steer both ways right? Otherwise see if you can dismantle that bit to see how it works "mechanically" then possible see if there is a voltage variance when you move the wheels using a multimeter.
"The really amazing thing is how many people are successful with their Arduino projects considering the fact that so many of them do not have a technical background.  A lot of them seem to try, and succeed with, projects that no sane engineer would even attempt." - floresta commenting on the proper use of LCD displays

Nikka93

moving it there is a variance of 0.005V  :|

weirdo557

just  a guess, the thing with wires looks like an electromagnet. it seems the steering shaft has 2 magnets on it, one polarity attracts one, and repels the other. reverse it and it turns the other way. you should be able to control it with an h-bridge.

Nikka93

But with Pwm and H bridge i cant reverse the rotation sense?

So if i have understood it works in this mode... example... +5V ->Right ; -5V -> Left   :~

weirdo557

nope.  +5<---coil---->ground is one direction,   ground<---coil---->+5 is the other direction. you could use a +-5 volt supply and use only 2 transistors... but thats a whole other level of complication that would pretty much have no benefits.

Nikka93

i don't know how to make an H bridge.... probably a small servo its much easy to control?

Nikka93

Gozaki

Have a look here :

http://www.laboelectronique.be/english/ardponth_ang.html

cyberteque

Just my opinion, but.....

Get rid of it and put a small servo in there!

Go Up