Go Down

Topic: MEMs ADXL001-70BEZ chip Need Advice! (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

I am using the ADXL001 chip to measure the acceleration of the actuator arm of a hard disk drive. I purchased the chip/IC only (not the evaluation kit). I built the circuit exactly similar to the application circuit (fig. 20) of the datasheet. Here's the link:

Now I gave a Vs = +5V and when I measure the output voltage, (using a simple multimeter) from Xout (pin 6) I only get 2.5 V. When vibrating/shaking the ADXL001 chip in the X-axis (or in the direction of Pin8 ) I don't get any changes in the output. What can I do to get a change in the voltage or any changes at all? How do I measure the output sensitivity of the ADXL001? Do I have to give a supply current of 2.5mA? What am I doing wrong, my objective is to see a significant change in the output when I shake/move the ADXL001 IC in X-axis.

My project is at a halt because of this ADXL001 chip. Please advice me on this as it is part of an important project.

Tasnim Siddiqi

What am I doing wrong,

You are:-
(using a simple multimeter)

You need to look at the output on a scope, it changes way too fast to see anything with a meter.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131