Go Down

Topic: Object finding using arduino  (Read 325 times) previous topic - next topic

Seroujig

Hello friends, i've been working on my project and i've arrived to a point where my robot needs to detect ping pong balls and go collect it. Any advice on how to approach on such a thing ? The project is about building a robot that will collect ping pong balls in a open 1.5x1.5 m square. But the question is that instead of just detecting the balls in front of my robot using ultrasonic sensor can i actually tell the robot to find for such a thing ?
Much appreciated.

jremington

The Pixy camera is Arduino compatible, and can detect and locate colored blobs.

Seroujig

The Pixy camera is Arduino compatible, and can detect and locate colored blobs.
@jremington the pixy camera sadly costs 200 usd in my country and it is perfect for my project. Do you know any other modules that function like the pixy camera ?

jremington

Can't you mail order it? USD 70 from Jameco Electronics.

aarg

Nov 27, 2017, 07:59 pm Last Edit: Nov 27, 2017, 08:01 pm by aarg
Can't you mail order it? USD 70 from Jameco Electronics.
Sadly, a lot of countries have broken postal systems and ridiculous import duties. I tend to believe posts like this because I've been in that situation. Companies like Jameco don't even ship to a lot of places.
  ... with a transistor and a large sum of money to spend ...
Please don't PM me with technical questions. Post them in the forum.

Seroujig

Sadly, a lot of countries have broken postal systems and ridiculous import duties. I tend to believe posts like this because I've been in that situation. Companies like Jameco don't even ship to a lot of places.
my country's postal system is broken , and besides i don't have time for online shipping .

AWOL

Ping-pong balls can be problematic for sonar sensors.
"Pete, it's a fool (who) looks for logic in the chambers of the human heart." Ulysses Everett McGill.
Do not send technical questions via personal messaging - they will be ignored.
I speak for myself, not Arduino.

Go Up