Go Down

Topic: Problem with "unread posts" link? (Read 532 times) previous topic - next topic

chrissv

I visit the Arduino forums about every couple of days, and click on the "unread posts" link under the search field. It only shows me a few posts (like 3 or 5) but when I go into the forums, I see lots of new posts since I visited the last time.

Should I expect to see all of the new posts and new replies since the last time I visited? This is how the same button on other bboards works.

Thanks - Steven

Inprogress

Mine seems to work fine, but then I visit here at least once a day, clicking the "unread posts" link probably about 5 times.  :smiley-mr-green:
"The really amazing thing is how many people are successful with their Arduino projects considering the fact that so many of them do not have a technical background.  A lot of them seem to try, and succeed with, projects that no sane engineer would even attempt." - floresta commenting on the proper use of LCD displays

retrolefty

Seems to work fine for me also. I've come back, hit it and received 5 pages of unread postings.

Lefty

chrissv

I think I found out more on this problem.

Usually I go to the top-level forum link, http://arduino.cc/forum and then I click on "unread posts."
Apparently when I go to the top level forum link, it resets my time-of-last-visit to now, then when I click on the unread posts link, it shows me the new posts since a few seconds ago (which are usually none).

As a test, I bookmarked the unread posts link, http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php?action=unread
When I waited an hour (with no forum window open), then went to my bookmark and went right to the link above, it showed me what I would expect.

Other forums don't seem to have this limitation - maybe there is a delay of a certain time before the "last visited" time is reset.

In any case, I will visit the "unread" posts via the direct bookmark.

-- Steven

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy