Go Down

Topic: Controlling Continuous Rotation Servo (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

zeitcheist

You should create, what it is, hysteresis(?). How should I say the thing that I can't say? Damn!

Anyways, when the first pulse says it rising, rise a flag to say it is time to wait until it reaches certain point, then don't let it hit the code again until it is going down, and after certain point, release the flag for the next pulse. You need to define those points yourself, by the curve of the components output.

Something like that, sorry, I don't know how to explain.

Cheers,
Kari

Yeah, it's fine. You did great explaining that. Actually, after I posted about this issue, I have coded another sketch that waits for a "rise", then wait for a preset interval before another "rise" can be sensed; a feature like a debounce. I think it is the same as what you explained here. I haven't tried the sketch yet, since we tried other components. Anyway, I'll post later the results. Thanks again!

may I propose to use dynamixel servos?
They can be programmed to continues rotation AND they feedback the current angle (and other data too, like torque and temperature).
Watch for i.e. the AX-12 (I am using them, so if you have more questions, just ask).
Thanks, great suggestion. But unfortunately, we can't afford to buy another servo, not to mention the high $$$ of the servo you suggested. But its features are awesome. ^^

zeitcheist

We tried the sketch I coded, which includes the logic of debounce, the logic seems okay for now. The sensor seems to read eight white strips on the wheel per rotation (eight 45deg marks). I estimated the time it takes for one rotation, about 2secs. So I divided it by 8, giving me 250ms. I then decided to have a 200ms debounce per "rise" output of sensor. Problem is, would the servo's rotation decrease when loaded? I hope it will not. I'll update this thread when I have tested the movement with about 2kilos of load.

Anyone experienced decrease in rotation speed of servo when loaded as opposed to not?

Go Up