Go Down

Topic: Communication problems between arduino and labview (Read 394 times) previous topic - next topic

xCamilo

Hi everyone, I have a little problem with my arduino Mega, the problem is that I was doing some serial projects and everything was ok, but now I am trying to do something basic like reading analog values from a potenciometer for the pin A0, in labview I elaborate de VI with necesary things, the values shows in labview for 1 second and then they dissapear, I believe that I have a problem with the arduino because I check all the pins and were good I read the monitor serie and it is ok too, I change the arduino and the communication was perfect, help me, I supose I have to reset the arduino Mega but I am not sure about the problem.

ron_sutherland

I have no clue about Labview... In Python, I open the port and wait for a little (e.g. 3 seconds) then I have to fiddle with getting the microcontroller into a state that it is expecting to receive a command. Once the command is sent I get data back. I do this in part to make sure I am working with data that was not buffered by the OS. I format the data output from the microcontroller as JSON which I can then convert into a Python object and pass that to the toys that Jupiter notebooks offer.

xCamilo

Thaks for your answer, I was thinking in reset the arduino vut I don't know if this would solve the problem, I need more idea about this problem and if it's necessary some examples in order to reset without danger my arduino.

Robin2

Have a look at how the interface is managed in this Python - Arduino demo

Note how the Python program waits for the Arduino to reset.

You may also find useful ideas in Serial Input Basics

...R
Two or three hours spent thinking and reading documentation solves most programming problems.

Go Up