Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Arduino Asteroids on Hackvision  (Read 2872 times)
Minneapolis, MN USA
Never catch a falling soldering iron...
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

I implemented Asteroids for the Arduino-based Hackvision game platform.  It turned out much better than I thought it would, and I've done a writeup about the game here: http://nootropicdesign.com/projectlab/2011/02/06/asteroids-on-hackvision/.  Enjoy!

Arduino - I have become the revolution.
View Profile

Nice job!

First we ignore them, then we make fun of them, then we fight them and then they win so let's cut the crap and just expose them for the corrupt liars they are.

Phoenix, Arizona USA
Faraday Member
Where's the beer?
View Profile

This is really nice (takes me back to my childhood playing my Atari 2600); I should really pick up one of these boards (as if I had the time...)!

You need to make a quick mod - change the ship to an "A" symbol for "A"Tmega, and the asteroids to "chip symbols" with PIC written on them (or some variant); make the saucer enemy a varying "electrical disturbance" spark-like thing (shooting lightning bolts or something?) - call it "PICtaroids" or such...

I'm really enjoying seeing what is being made with the TVout library; I wish I had time to play with it myself...

/ah well, I'll live vicariously instead, I guess...

smiley

I will not respond to Arduino help PM's from random forum users; if you have such a question, start a new topic thread.

Tacoma, WA
Arduino rocks
View Profile

Great job on this sketch! Looks/sounds like the real thing, at least as far as I can remember. Makes me want to build an arcade machine with a tiny little Arduino inside. smiley

Brian from Tacoma, WA
Arduino evangelist - since Dec, 2010.

Minneapolis, MN USA
View Profile

You need to make a quick mod - change the ship to an "A" symbol for "A"Tmega, and the asteroids to "chip symbols" with PIC written on them (or some variant); make the saucer enemy a varying "electrical disturbance" spark-like thing (shooting lightning bolts or something?) - call it "PICtaroids" or such...

Great idea, cr0sh - you should do it!  C'mon, you can do this in 30min - and you'll have fun!  Always make time for fun.

God Member
View Profile

Dammit! I was just getting my highest score ever, on my third extra life, when...

MY SCORE WRAPPED AROUND!   smiley-eek smiley-eek smiley-eek

I think you should make the score an unsigned long  smiley-lol

« Last Edit: February 08, 2011, 04:59:44 pm by stimmer » Logged

Minneapolis, MN USA
View Profile

Stimmer, holy moly, you are GOOD.  You are absolutely correct -- I will change score to be an unsigned long!!!
I chose unsigned int before I added the free life every 10000 points feature, so I didn't think anyone would roll it over -- thanks for the stress test.

UPDATE: the unsigned int won't roll over to 0 until 65535.  My bug is that I'm displaying the unsigned int as an int.  I used %d instead of %u in the call to sprintf.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2011, 06:36:38 pm by nootropic » Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: