Go Down

Topic: What are these called, and where can I get them? (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

Grumpy_Mike

While I have seen flexible printing I have not seen things that are as flexible as the OP will need for his stated aim.

LittleRain

Ohh cool Grumpy, ya I was having trouble finding those. They are a bit too small for a drum pad, but still pretty cool and can already think of using for an addition to the drum pad.

Awesome Morgan, I can't wait to try. So do I need a different nozzle to go with that filament?

MorganS

The flexible filament prints through the same nozzle, although you would probably choose a larger nozzle than regular ABS. However the feed mechanism must be different. Regular extruders will allow the filament to bend between the drive gear (hobbed bolt) and the hot end. The Ninjaflex needs a Flexystruder that doesn't have any gap there.

Lulzbot printers have this option available since the TAZ4. I don't know about other brands.
"The problem is in the code you didn't post."

LittleRain

Oh really grumpy, that sucks.
Oh well I guess I'll have to find another solution, I did order that Sugre stuff, where you make a mold with a 3d printer.

I guess when I get funds I can always get a resin based printer, but while I'm in the learning stages this should be fine.

I'll definitely still try it out Morgan, I think the buttons might be able to be a little stiff since its using a piezo sensor. The really flexible buttons may just be for feel, but I have no idea.

Grumpy_Mike

As I said look for the brush on latex moulding rubber, you can build up the thickness and get a good compromise between flexibility and robustness.

LittleRain

Right thanks, yes seems much cheaper the Sugru.

Grumpy_Mike

Right thanks, yes seems much cheaper the Sugru.
It might but it is a hard rubber not suitable for a key cover, their is very little give in it.

Mikeb1970

Is something like this what your looking for?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/POTENTIOMETER-BLOCK-10-x-47K-SLIDE-POTENTIOMETER-LINEAR-NEW-1pcs/132393972879?_trkparms=aid%3D555017%26algo%3DPL.CASSINI%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D41376%26meid%3D7e40f0ec35044613b4876d47ea5115c7%26pid%3D100508%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D1%26&_trksid=p2045573.c100508.m3226

LittleRain

Ya but just the single ones, someone had already showed me the way, thanks though.

One thing I forgot to ask about though is direction pads for controllers, I can't seem to find any. Or are they 4 seperate buttons with the d-pad on top?

MorganS

Yes, theres' usually 4 separate button mechanisms underneath the circle or square with 4 arrows on it. Sometimes 5 if there's a center nipple.
"The problem is in the code you didn't post."

Go Up