Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Atmega 328p - PCB Breakout design... or is there one out there?  (Read 3649 times)
Arduino rocks
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

I am looking for a breakout board, or a PCB I can solder in a atmega328.  Ideally it would be somewhat compact like the Arduino UNO, however, not too picky.

If this doesn't exist (which I doubt) where can I buy a few?  I've got all the parts for my arduino for under $7.00 - just need a PCB board.  I do have proto boards, but want something more permanent.  The generic solder boards are a pain in the !@#.

Phoenix, Arizona USA
Faraday Member
Where's the beer?
View Profile

Have you looked at the RBBB?

I will not respond to Arduino help PM's from random forum users; if you have such a question, start a new topic thread.

Left Coast, CA (USA)
Brattain Member
Measurement changes behavior
View Profile

How about this one:

http://www.adafruit.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=19&products_id=69

SF Bay Area (USA)
Tesla Member
Strongly opinionated, but not official!
View Profile

There are lots of choices.

Adafruit BoArduino is available as a bare board. (already mentioned.)
Modern Devices has the Bare Bones Board and the Really Bare Bones Board.
NKC Electronics has A full Freeduino Bare Board as well as some older "runtime" and "serial" bare boards.
Evil Mad Scientists have a business-card sized megaxx8 breakout board as well as their Diavolino in bare board form
You can make your own Single sided Really Bare Bones Board

There are probably more...

Global Moderator
Boston area, metrowest
Brattain Member
Author of "Arduino for Teens". Available for Design & Build services. Now with Unlimited Eagle board sizes!
View Profile

Or roll your own.
Here is my version of a promini schematic relayed out using DIP parts, to fit on the standard mini-service size board that expresspcb offers, with power & all traces on the top layer, and the bottom being ground only.
Can replace the expansion holes with more copies of the board. Cut 'em apart with a hacksaw to separate them.

* dual_promini_style_dip_expansion.jpg (145.7 KB, 960x720 - viewed 141 times.)

* Promini_DIP_less_regulator_sch.jpg (80.75 KB, 960x720 - viewed 120 times.)
« Last Edit: February 08, 2011, 02:16:30 am by CrossRoads » Logged

Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.
Arduino for Teens available at Amazon.com.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: