Go Down

Topic: WS2812B Wrong colors (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

Grumpy_Mike

Thanks for that. Yes those two boards are fakes so their might be a quality issue here.

Can you do some tests for me as I have not got your system?
With only the long strip connected reduce the green value from 150 down to 8. Now disconnect the wire from your boost converter to the 5V line of the Micro and power it from the USB socket of your computer, does it show all green now?

3615gregoire

Thank for your continued help Mike.

As suggested, I have:
- Disconnected the eyes strips
- Added a capacitor on the power to the LEDs strip
- Added a resistor on the Data cable
- Disconnected the power cables from the converter
- Changed the program for color: 0,8,0
- Power the system from USB

The color sequence is the same as before, at least for the 15 first LEDs (I haven't checked them further one by one).

We have done the same on my girlfriend's helmet, she as also a string of different colors. We use 2 different makes of the Mini Pro.

I'll be away from home for a week, but if you have more suggestions, I'll be happy to try more.

Grumpy_Mike

Dec 07, 2017, 10:10 am Last Edit: Dec 07, 2017, 10:12 am by Grumpy_Mike
We use 2 different makes of the Mini Pro.
Are any of these real or are they both ripoffs?

Do you have any other sorts of Arduino you can try?

3615gregoire

They are both not original. I can't seem to find an original for sale online since it has been been discontinued.

I'm going to try to simplify further: reduce the length of the cable, maybe also the length of the strip.

Grumpy_Mike

Dec 07, 2017, 10:12 pm Last Edit: Dec 07, 2017, 10:42 pm by Grumpy_Mike
Well I set up a Pro Micro and ran your code in reply #14. This is what I got.

So I am not seeing the same issue as you.

If I have got this right then with two strips connected, a short one and a long one, both on the same pin. Are you getting all 11 of the short strip green but the first 11 ( at least ) of the long strip different colours? That seems to suggest you have a problem with the long LED strip rather than the code or timing.

I notice from the schematic of the Pro Mini that it could be fitted with a 8, 16 or 20 MHz crystal. What is fitted on yours, it should be marked on the top.

Go Up