Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: How to connect omron Photomicrosensor (Transmissive) EE-SX1140  (Read 2585 times)
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Hi, I have a problem. I have omron EE-SX1140 photomicrosensor and I'm trying to get it work with aruino mega. But it seems that I'm doing something wrong, and I donn't know what. I have tried to connect IT this way http://img151.imageshack.us/i/screenshot20110202at195.png/  but it's not working at all. Can any one help please?

this is sensors datasheet http://www.farnell.com/datasheets/526966.pdf

Manchester (England England)
Brattain Member
Solder is electric glue
View Profile

The setup looks fine.
What value of pull ups have you got?
I would connect the output not to a digital pin but to an analogue pin for a test and see what sort of swing you get.
The higher the pull up resistor the more sensitive it will be. The lower the resistor feeding the diode the more light you get.

View Profile

Thank you for your ansver. It seems to me that phototransistor is working but IR diode is not showing any signs of life. It's a new sensor, how can I test the IR ? should I use some special resistors for it?

View Profile

You can test an IR emitter by aiming just about any digital camera (that has a real-time display, meaning not a SLR) at it and watching the display as you drive the emitter. IR shows up as purplish-white on my pocket camera and Droid X phone. If all you have is a digital SLR you can use it too, but to see it you'll have to snap a pic while driving the emitter.

(P.S.: Some SLRs have a real-time display as well as the usual optical through-the-lens viewfinder. Those should work same as a point-and-shoot for this.)
« Last Edit: February 09, 2011, 07:01:02 pm by Minkowski » Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: