Go Down

Topic: Connection and sending e-mail with Arduino Uno WiFi (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

Juraj

do you have the firmware source code opened in the IDE when you start the SPIFFS upload? did you download the firmware from github as zip including the data subfolder?

Michele94

No, I downloaded only the first zip under the heading Download at the following link:
https://github.com/esp8266/arduino-esp8266fs-plugin/releases/tag/0.3.0

and I followed the instructions in the paragraph "installation "from this link:

https://github.com/esp8266/arduino-esp8266fs-plugin

In the following section "usage", I have to follow what the guide tells me by downloading the second zip always present at the link https://github.com/esp8266/arduino-esp8266fs-plugin/releases/tag/0.3.0 ?

and so, when he tells me to open the sketch, which one should I open?

I did not understand, the guide is not very clear.

Thanks and sorry :(

Juraj

our goal is to upload the data of WiFi Link firmware. there are the html, js and css files of the Web Panel. the SPIFFS upload tool uploads the data of the current project opened in IDE. so open the ArduinoFirmwareEsp sketch in IDE and then use "ESP8266 Sketch Data upload" from Tools menu

Michele94

Ok, you were clear, maybe I understood :)

Recapitulate:

I currently have in the ide screen, eleven open sketches (I opened ArduinoFirmwareEsp.ino).
In the lower right corner of the Arduino ide, I visualize the board: "Arduino, Uno Wifi, 115200, 4M (1M SPIFFS) on COM3"
I modified the sketch config.h as you already told me yesterday and I compiled it (with no error).

Now, which sketch should I upload via the "ESP8266 sketch data upload" plugin?

If I load the sketch config.h that I have compiled, are the other 10 sketches on the screen loaded too?

And the Data folder I do not have to create because it already exists and contains the files you told me (html, js and css files of the Web Panel), right?

Excuse me if I'm so precise and if I'm asking trivial things, but I'm afraid of doing some irreversible damage. I hope you understand me.

Thank you very much.

Juraj

I currently have in the ide screen, eleven open sketches (I opened ArduinoFirmwareEsp.ino).
In the lower right corner of the Arduino ide, I visualize the board: "Arduino, Uno Wifi, 115200, 4M (1M SPIFFS) on COM3"
I modified the sketch config.h as you already told me yesterday and I compiled it (with no error).
it is ok.

did you upload the EspProxy with define FLASHING sketch into Atmega?
If yes, you can hit Upload

Now, which sketch should I upload via the "ESP8266 sketch data upload" plugin?
After you uload the sketch you can upload data for it. Go to Tools menu and use the tool.

If I load the sketch config.h that I have compiled, are the other 10 sketches on the screen loaded too?
Arduino sketches can be build from multiple files. Those 10 tabs are the files of WiFi Link firmware.

And the Data folder I do not have to create because it already exists and contains the files you told me (html, js and css files of the Web Panel), right?
yes it is there :-)

Excuse me if I'm so precise and if I'm asking trivial things, but I'm afraid of doing some irreversible damage. I hope you understand me.
Some months ago I could not help one forum member with bricked Uno WiFi. But since then I know the board so well that with software you can't do nothing wrong. The original recovery procedure from arduino.org will always work.

Michele94

ok, loaded without errors.
I don't know how to thank you :)

Now, is there anything else I should know about the wifi module? configurations etc?

To load the sketch of my project (therefore also what I will try to do to send e-mail) I'll have to set the board on Arduino Uno Wifi and no longer on the board of the ESP8266 module, right?

Thank you.

Juraj

Now, is there anything else I should know about the wifi module? configurations etc?
Configure it using Web Panel like with the original firmware.

To load the sketch of my project (therefore also what I will try to do to send e-mail). I'll have to set the board on Arduino Uno Wifi and no longer on the board of the ESP8266 module, right?
right

first try the WiFiLinkWebClient example from UnoWiFiDevEdSerial1 library

Michele94

Configure it using Web Panel like with the original firmware.
Why now I do not see the Arduino wifi network anymore?  :o

I had disconnected it from the pc for 5 minutes, I did not have to do it?

The wifi led does not flash, it is on but has a low intensity.

Juraj

power cycle the board. disconnect it from usb for a moment.

did you replace the EspProxy with FLASHING setting with other sketch?

Michele94

Currently the Arduino is disconnected from power since last night.
I did not upload any other sketches after the EspProxy.

How do I proceed?
I connect the arduino to the pc and load the sketch of the WifiLinkWebClient (without modifying it) that you proposed to me?
Do I have to do anything else to make the wifi work?

Thank you!

Juraj

How do I proceed?
I connect the arduino to the pc and load the sketch of the WifiLinkWebClient (without modifying it) that you proposed to me?
yes

Michele94

Ok, now the Arduino wifi network is visible and the wifi LED flashes, but when I connect to it and type 192.168.240.1 from the browser, "FileNotFound" is written in the upper left corner.

It's as if the Web Panel was not there.

What should I do?

Thank you!

Juraj

it could by something with SPIFFS. did you upload it succesfull?

Michele94

I think so.
When I loaded the firmware, it came out in the IDE written in red:

"Uploading 349680 bytes from C: \ users \ mikyc \ AppData \ Local \ Temp \ ardino_build_624099 \ ArduinoFirmwareEsp.ino. Etc. (I do not remember what else there was written in the path)
........................................ [23%]
........................................ [46%]
........................................ [70%]
........................................ [93%]
........................................ [100%] "[/i]

And "Done uploading" was released in the status bar.

Juraj

no idea. try please the SPIFFS upload again and copy the console content for me

Go Up